New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo slice View Post
    I think the Cayenne turbo is much faster than the x5 or x6 US specs. Cayenne is the fastest suv out there. Its also good off-roading (based on the show TopGear). I mean most roads in the phils are like off-road anyway. lol..

Don't buy cars that are only good and fast in straights, mostly fast straight line cars are very poor on cornering. (if u know what Im talking).
    Uh... the Cayenne Turbo is faster than the current top-of-the-line X6 in a straight line... but the X6 actually corners better. On the racetrack, in a recent test, the X6 V8 is actually just a tenth slower than the Cayenne Turbo.

And the Turbo is the top of the line. The X6 V8 isn't... the X6M will be, and the X6M will have more power than the Cayenne.

-

Errh... while the Cayenne is impressive off-road for a two ton high performance SUV, it's still not as good off-road as a Land-Rover... or even a Suzuki Jimny. Besides... it's rather pointless going off-road with low-profile sports tires... isn't it?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    "New 555 PS BMW X5 M & X6 M"

I hate 'em.

Hahaha! Those BMW and Porsche engineers make pointless SUVs that think they're sports cars...first design criteria, a mediocre off-roader. Second design criteria, a mediocre track car. Talk about identity crisis! Of course they'd argue about "multi-functionality". But given that the people who can afford these kinds of cars are rich, they can sure as hell buy different cars for different purposes. They'd make people confused with their "grafted" market segment.

They should have emulated Mercedes-Benz, which doesn't make cars that pretend to be different things in one. Heck, they have the capable M-class and the intimidating G-class. If they need speed, they have AMG models. But they DON'T mix them together like BMW and Porsche!

Enough of the ranting, I now hate BMW for making an "M" X5 and I now absolutely despise the X6. For a car, the X6 is GAY! BMW M SUVs = FAIL! Same goes to all SUVs pretending to be sports cars.
    Last edited by roberto_minosa; August 1st, 2009 at 03:38 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    on the contrary...

for me, i love either of them... and if i can afford to have either one of these in this lifetime or the next, i'll buy them kahit just for the badge lang, masaya na ko, kasi i don't race nor do off-roading.. and even if i do, i won't take them there! i'll wax them all day and watch them glisten from afar while sipping on my fave coffee. i'll take care of them like a baby, especially if their lowest base models are priced just as much as my house, lot and car combined!

of the two, the X6 rocks! kahit passenger lang ako when my friend took his dad's new untinted X6.. parang ang yaman ko.. and pogi points zoomed up exponentially.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    on the contrary...

for me, i love either of them... and if i can afford to have either one of these in this lifetime or the next, i'll buy them kahit just for the badge lang, masaya na ko, kasi i don't race nor do off-roading.. and even if i do, i won't take them there! i'll wax them all day and watch them glisten from afar while sipping on my fave coffee. i'll take care of them like a baby, especially if their lowest base models are priced just as much as my house, lot and car combined!

of the two, the X6 rocks! kahit passenger lang ako when my friend took his dad's new untinted X6.. parang ang yaman ko.. and pogi points zoomed up exponentially.
    +1!!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    cmon, admit it. deep inside you want one of these .

i own one of these "fail" suv's since 2003. the easiest way to describe the whole thing since i'm o.t. is having a g35 or a 350z that can seat 5 plus cargo room. i can take my family out on a trip with days worth of supplies, do errands that involved loading lots of stuff, or buy or load it with medium sized furniture. in a few hours im taking my family to the park with 2 bikes (ok, 1 kids bike and 1 folding bike) and will do groceries on our way home. oh yeah, when im alone i do sporty driving somewhere since it handles well and sounds great.

wtf is wrong with that? why buy 2 vehicles just to be a "purist" (or my opinion, an old fart) when this will do? even if we can afford it (we cant ) i dont think it makes financial sense.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    They should have emulated Mercedes-Benz, which doesn't make cars that pretend to be different things in one. Heck, they have the capable M-class and the intimidating G-class. If they need speed, they have AMG models. But they DON'T mix them together like BMW and Porsche!
    Pssst...

Mercedes CLS: Is it a coupe that's too big, or a sedan with no headroom?

Mercedes C-Class Compact: Wait... I don't even want to go there....

:hysterical:

Mercedes-McLaren SLR: They partner with McLaren because they want a lightweight, hardcore sportscar... so McLaren makes it as stiff as an ironing board. Then they add two tons of luxuries on top of it, to blunt the performance. Neither lightweight nor soft-riding... it's an amazing hyper-car, but woefully compromised.

Mercedes B-Class: Useful, tons of space, but lacks the solidity and luxury of a Mercedes. Would have made sense branded as something else entirely.

-

The X6 doesn't make any sense, yes... but neither does a G-Class or an M-Class or a Cayenne. In fact... nothing on the market makes any practical sense except an L300... but we don't all want to be driving those, now... do we?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^You got the L300 thing right chief! But given that cars must have a sense of purpose, things start to look different on the X6 and Cayenne.

I'm sure you're an expert on these, but what the heck. I'd tell my story anyway...

Imagine...

The CLS is kinda weird, but no one would drive it on a track. It's probably intended for autobahn-cruising. That's one thing, and never pretends to be anything other than that.

The C-class is, well, a C-class. It's a car for offspring of the rich. Nothing else. It isn't tuner or exotic (a la NFS). On the other hand, the E-class is for their moms and dads. The S-class, for despots.

The SLR, still a car with a purpose. But, it's overdone so it might serve its purpose too well. Still, the SLR doesn't pretend to be a luxobarge like other cars.

The G-class makes sense! It's MB trying hard to be at par with Land Rover. Well, at least the truck doesn't pretend to be one for the track, right?

All of this makes me think that MB is making more sense than BMW or Porsche. But like Clarkson said, cars will have to evolve into things like the X6 and Lambo Estoque if manufacturers want to survive. Even if it means building irrelevant cars. Given this, I can't bash BMW too much for making the X6. I still hate it, though.

<This is my opinion people (this is not for you Niky)! Be mindful that I respect yours...>

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbo slice View Post
    I think the Cayenne turbo is much faster than the x5 or x6 US specs. Cayenne is the fastest suv out there. Its also good off-roading (based on the show TopGear). I mean most roads in the phils are like off-road anyway. lol..

Don't buy cars that are only good and fast in straights, mostly fast straight line cars are very poor on cornering. (if u know what Im talking).
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Topgear hated the Cayenne? I think I remember Clarkson despising the Cayenne so much, aesthetics and performance, that at the end, he'd rather walk back to the garage than drive the Cayenne.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    when is paying 5 times more for a BMW X5/X6 over the likes of a Fort/Everest/Xtrail make any sense?

buying these luxury Bimmers, just like any other luxury tsikots only make sense when they bring happiness to those who buy them. An automobile is one of those things which you can put your money into it and enjoy it almost everyday! if the X6/X5 Ms can achieve these for the (rich and privileged) buyers then they make sense..

*Niky, why does buying an L300 make sense? sorry i dont get it..
    sorry OT ren...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i want the X5 M! i want the cayenne turbo s! send all the pointless cars this way, i'll take 'em! :D

note to self: better watch carefully which X5 to pick on. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
New 555 PS BMW X5 M &amp; X6 M