New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Actually... if you look at MB's AMG cars, they make no sense at all... the G-Class AMG version is an off-roader that can hit 100 km/h in just five seconds... all four tires scrabbling for grip...

But senseless excesses like these appeals to the eccentrics who are willing to spend extra cash on a car that guys like you or I would not. Thus, they make sense... since there's a market for them, no matter how small.

I still want the $150,000 fully-kitted off-road Toyota Fj40 TLC Icon replica...

http://www.icon4x4.com/

Imagine... a classic Landcruiser with full off-roading gear, a reinforced frame, competition level suspension and a honking big V8. Does 100 km/h faster than a WRX... :hysterical:

Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    *Niky, why does buying an L300 make sense? sorry i dont get it..
    Look at it this way. We buy cars to do what? Commute. And carry people.

Now, an L300 FB will commute just fine. With the FB body, it can carry twelve to fifteen people if you need it to. If you're buying furniture, you can carry most anything in the back of an FB.

The engine is a small diesel. It gest reasonably good fuel economy, and is easy to maintain.

And the L300 FB is frigging cheap.

So... why do you need any other car? You don't. You will never need anything more than that. In fact, you don't even need to own one... you can just share one with twenty other people.

But... cars aren't only about what we need. They're about what we want.

We don't want to smell of diesel smoke when we get home.

We don't want a car that takes half-an-hour to get to 100 km/h.

We don't want a car that takes another half-an-hour to stop... :hysterical:

We don't want a car that's noisy, rides terribly, can't go around corners very quickly, or that has a stereo that not even the driver can hear on the highway.

We want refinement, comfort, a good sound system and a relatively quick car. Nobody really needs a Civic or a Corolla or a Jazz... hell... if you don't want a truck-like L300, even a Suzuki Alto will do. But people always want more.

-

Hell, after doing a round-trip to Tugegarao (eight hours each way) in the back of an L300 FB... my only want is to shove that particular L300 off the highest cliff I can find and watch it smash against the rocks at the bottom.

-

And, as cars get more and more expensive... the ratio of "want" versus "need" becomes even more lopsided. No one will ever need a Land Rover or a G-Class... not unless they need a big vehicle to attach grenade-proof armor plates to... and not many people need that. When you're spending this much money, it's more a matter of emotion that decides your purchase, not logic.

That's what is so nice about the X6. It's a ludicrous car. But when you drive it... it makes you happy. It pushes all the right buttons when you're in the driver's seat.

Then you get out... look at it again. Realize how stupid it is. But it doesn't matter... it's a great car to drive. And for some people, that fact, along with the exotic looks, are the only reason they need to buy one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    And, as cars get more and more expensive... the ratio of "want" versus "need" becomes even more lopsided. No one will ever need a Land Rover or a G-Class...
    uhm...
    not unless they need a big vehicle to attach grenade-proof armor plates to... and not many people need that.
    Now that's my kind of emotion!
    When you're spending this much money, it's more a matter of emotion that decides your purchase, not logic.

That's what is so nice about the X6. It's a ludicrous car. But when you drive it... it makes you happy. It pushes all the right buttons when you're in the driver's seat.

Then you get out... look at it again. Realize how stupid it is. But it doesn't matter... it's a great car to drive. And for some people, that fact, along with the exotic looks, are the only reason they need to buy one.
    Anyway, Jay Leno has a car with a 20L engine...hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    Anyway, Jay Leno has a car with a 20L engine...hehehe...
    Hehe... I want that one, too...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
New 555 PS BMW X5 M & X6 M