New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Related question:
    Do BMW and other Teutonic carmakers' dealerships charge hourly for servicing and labor? Was never really able to confirm. Thought it might contribute to the discussion.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    expensive is subjective sa bawat tao. para sakin e proportionate sya sa "doubt" mo. example if you will buy/pay something and you starts to doubt its price, "expensive" is also starting. so the higher the doubt, it gets expensive on your part.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    BMW car battery (for the 3 series) = P12,000 (if I remember correctly)

Installation labor not included.
    Wha??? Di ba pwede Motolite dito?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't know if they do. Usually labor is a set calculated charge here in the Philippines, as opposed to the ridiculous per hour pricing US dealerships and garages charge.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I own an 02 318i which I bought brand new in 02 and has been maintaining it since then. Will just answer questions here :
    1. am using a motolite 2 din battery bought at P7k, an exact replacement. BM dealer quoted me P14k for original

2. Had it maintained for PMS during warranty in casa, change oil cost me 5-6k, not much different from PMS of my Honda CRV ( 02 model also), both pure synthetic. Am having it serviced now outside talyers especialized in European cars. Madami naman to. BM Cost lower than MB

3. The problem with the BM are the cost of replacing the sensors that provide inputs to its computer. Diagnostic sa casa will just cost you 2k, not 6-8k. These sensors will set you back 3-6k each. Although you can buy exact replacements outside for 50-60% of casa prices. Walang ganitong sensors sa CRV ko. The diagnostics will remove the guessing part on the problem of the car. Worth the cost.

Hope these helps

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayan pala. Makabili na nga.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by abetrj View Post
    I own an 02 318i which I bought brand new in 02 and has been maintaining it since then. Will just answer questions here :
    1. am using a motolite 2 din battery bought at P7k, an exact replacement. BM dealer quoted me P14k for original

2. Had it maintained for PMS during warranty in casa, change oil cost me 5-6k, not much different from PMS of my Honda CRV ( 02 model also), both pure synthetic. Am having it serviced now outside talyers especialized in European cars. Madami naman to. BM Cost lower than MB

3. The problem with the BM are the cost of replacing the sensors that provide inputs to its computer. Diagnostic sa casa will just cost you 2k, not 6-8k. These sensors will set you back 3-6k each. Although you can buy exact replacements outside for 50-60% of casa prices. Walang ganitong sensors sa CRV ko. The diagnostics will remove the guessing part on the problem of the car. Worth the cost.

Hope these helps
    Great info.

I'm guessing the sensors are all part of the diagnostic "CAN Bus" data network that seems to be common-place for many European makes. They seem to pack a lot more of these sensors than Japanese cars though. Are these sensors only for the engine or do they relay data from other components (transmission, suspension, etc.) as well?

There's supposed to be an industry standard for vehicle diagnostics (OBD or "on board diagnostics") in place since 1996. As implemented on Hondas (at least), OBD exclusively monitors the engine.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Wha??? Di ba pwede Motolite dito?
    well, you can but you have to pay extra to re-program the car security, etc at BMW after changing the battery.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ganyan talaga ka-complicated ang German Cars..

But true. Mas mura ang maintenance ng BMW sa Mercedes Benz

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Great topic! I was about to ask the same thing.

Basically, MB > BMW > Lexus in terms of maintenance, right?

Baka may makapagpost ng actual cost per PMS? 1k, 5k (kung meron), 10k, and so on para mas madaling magcompare sana. Thanks.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
How expensive is expensive ? (BMW maintenance)