New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy this 2nd hand 2004 318 MSPORT 40k mileage and casa-maintained

Since this is almost a 10-yr old car, I'm just having 2nd thoughts that I might start to encounter most of the wear-and-tear problems and it's a fact that BMW maintenance is higher compared to other cars.

Can you please advise?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    100+ views but no reply.

Anyone?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'd say... don't. But then that's me.

The 318 is certainly nice to drive with a stick, but for the same money, you can get something newer or nicer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    I think you didn't post enough details (e.g. buying price, reason you'd want one, other cars your are cross shopping with, etc) that's why nobody is giving their feedback.

Anyway, if you'd like to experience owning a BMW and can get it at a good deal, I'd say why not. Since its a 10 year car plus it's a BMW, you should probably be ready to spend a bit more on replacement parts which you can find from third party sources so I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck on the car purchase!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for the reply. I'm buying it for 700k. Other cars I'm considering Lancer EX GT-A also...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    i posted the details, no reply still?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ang bmw expensive to maintain, kung ung mga asa germany nga nagbebenta ng old cars nila at bumibi ng bago. Just imagine asa pinas ka with a 10 yr old car, spare parts dont come easy + the price

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    It's a guzzler and it's f*cking slow. 128bhp WTF.
    It does looks good and has a no nonsense interior. But it's a big liability really.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    700k will get you a more powerful Japanese diesel SUV of the same age.

Or a nearly new Japanese compact with more seating space and more power... like said GTA.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    if you really want it, buy it.

if you want it only for porma, don't buy.

like what i read in another forum: "BUYING a BMW is different from OWNING a BMW"

any 10 year old car will need some attention. it all depends on how much time, money and sweat you are willing to sacrifice.

with everything said, when taken cared of properly, BMW will give you year of enjoyment.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast