New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks for all the advise guys.
    I really want the Forester but I'm going for the MSport. Looking forward into posting when I run into any problems

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I drive one of the last batches of the e46 318 msport. Do I regret owning it? No.Its myndaily driver for the last 8 years and certainly higher mileage than the one younare buying. PMS at dealer alternatives and inspections and some diy knowledge are the key. One thing to look for is sludge in the engine. Before buying look at the oil filler with a flash light and you should see bare metal and not sludge. I don't know with euro cars but the more you use it the less problems you'll encounter. Turn it to a garage queen and expect lots of problems along the way. I agree with previous posts that the e46 and e39 has less electronics than newer bmws and a lot of garages know the usual problems already and the remedy.Plus you can buy china imitation code readers and diagnostic equipments for this model at a really low price. Most common for e46 is coolant expansion tank (mine went ofter 8 years) and front control arm bushings wearing out because of our roads. Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123