New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Evoque, though, uses a heavily modified Ford platform and the Ford PSA 2.2 diesel. It should be a bit more reliable than most RR products.

errh... should...

----
    The platform and engine are just part of the equation. I have read lots of electrical and mechanical gremlins on RR's.
    On the other hand, you guys are lucky to get diesel options on most cars although I'm not a fan of diesel - it's nice to have more options.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    We'll see tomorrow... err later... can you compare the ride to the new sonata or is it almost like air suspension? BTW I have a car rental company so I have a lot of ride comfort experience haha..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    We'll see tomorrow... err later... can you compare the ride to the new sonata or is it almost like air suspension? BTW I have a car rental company so I have a lot of ride comfort experience haha..
    Any updates?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    Any updates?
    I was able to test drive the 320d and X1 18d this morning unfortunately it was pouring so I couldn't really floor it... I brought my sonata just to have a feel since using my 2013 trailblazer as a comparison would be too far since it's a mid sized SUV(still bigger than a montero or fortuner no pun intended). Now this two are really are on a different league... I first tried the X1 18d after driving my sonata... it's a little choppy and the engine is a little noisy compared to the 320d, the handling is better but acceleration is mediocre but then again this model ain't designed for 0-100kph rather it's for fuel economy... don't get me wrong if you need to make an overtake especially when it's already rolling it is fast.. now for the 320d there is a little engine noise but not that much suspension is fine you'll feel the uneven pavements but not that much unless you switch to the sport mode, that's when the fun begins acceleration was a beast and handling is fine.. oh and the start/stop I might get used to it.. or just turn it off lol

summary
    x1 18d
    Ride Comfort: Good(hope they incorporated the adaptive suspension though). Nimble ride that's for sure. Ride is less choppier than the X3.
    Speed: 0-100kph is Mediocre(think of the accent hatch back) it might be because it's heavy?. Has idrive an 8.8 display bixenon

Overall 4/5

320d

Ride comfort: Very good but not near air suspension, cabin noise almost non existent
    Speed : this is a quick diesel even shaming my petrol 2.4 sonata

Overall 4.3/5

My choice went to the x1 why?... it's uncommon,, seriously when I test drove the car I saw four 3 series... it's a good daily car that has low mileage cost that engine noise can be resolved by turning the radio on, it's not really that loud. If space is a problem I have a trailB or a starex or a stada or a closed van... in other words each to it's own class... if I get tired of this car it will sell well since it's a bimmer unlike a volvo(i don't know why it has a low value shame on such a good car)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012

I don't know why the SA keeps on telling me that the cabin space is the same I really think the X1 is a little narrow. I do love the sport seats and trim of the sport though and that extendable seat make my ACL hmmmm

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    The unit I'm going to get is a darker gray... will post pics ASAP

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Nice review bro. Congrats!

BMWs are more designed as a driver's car - so they tend to be more sporty (read: have stiffer ride and suspension) than comparable-sized car.
    I've never driven a diesel Bimmer before and the lowest 3-series you can buy here is a 328i (just recently, they introduced 320i) so I have no first-hand experience on those models.

Post more pics when you get your new whip.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    will do sir! thanks for the compliment

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 20d is a great motor. Pretty punchy. Feels torquier than the 28i, though the 28 has slightly better top-end.

I think it might be possible to "flash" the 18d to match the power output of the 20d, if you so desire, but you'll have to ask around (Autotechnicka in the Fort might have a lead on where to get the flash).

Personally, I'd have gone for the 320d, but it's your money... ;) ...have fun with your purchase!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 20d is a great motor. Pretty punchy. Feels torquier than the 28i, though the 28 has slightly better top-end.

I think it might be possible to "flash" the 18d to match the power output of the 20d, if you so desire, but you'll have to ask around (Autotechnicka in the Fort might have a lead on where to get the flash).

Personally, I'd have gone for the 320d, but it's your money... ;) ...have fun with your purchase!
    it's okay sir I want a different car... and the X1 is really different I would even go as far as it is fugly for others... therefore it will be unique... Also I have sedans already.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast