New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jonzjitsu View Post
    *x_outpost I gave the down earlier today, Will test drive tomorrow to finally get a feel... but the 320d came up on the option and maybe the x3 if worse comes to worse haha.
    Glad you like the 3 series. I've owned three 3-series in the past and they drive very nice. Next time I'm buying a 3-series it will be an M3 though.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't mean to offend anyone who drives a new X3 here but anyway, I went to my local dealership today to drop off my whip for scheduled service. Unfortunately, they ran out of BMW loaners so they offered to give me a rental and told me they will drop me off to Enterprise. After a few minutes of waiting, they called me so they can drive me to the rental place - on a new X3.

Sadly, the X3 was a barebones model - no sunroof (first time I've seen a BMW without a sunroof), the interior was beige and its one of the ugliest color I've ever seen. The start-stop function was very annoying. But I would have taken it as a loaner rather than the Enterprise POS they gave me. The point is, if you are going to get an X3 (or maybe an X1) get it loaded.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    thank you niky, yeah evoque here is waaaaaaay too overpriced while in the US it's just 10grand more expensive than the x1... if ever I go wrong at least the resale is high... lol
    Not a fan of RR's because they have really bad reliability issues.
    Before you buy a RR, join their forum and read through what owners go through.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by x_outpost View Post
    I remember Dana white giving Dan Henderson a brand new Land rover after KTFOing(yes that's the best way to describe it go see it for yourself ) Bisping.... that brand new car broke down in the middle of the desert... just as hendo was going home... he left the organizations immediately lol.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I remember Dana white giving Dan Henderson a brand new Land rover after KTFOing(yes that's the best way to describe it go see it for yourself ) Bisping.... that brand new car broke down in the middle of the desert... just as hendo was going home... he left the organizations immediately lol.
    LOL.

Watch this YouTube video. The RR leaked on the sunroof when it rained. Also, when the presenter tried to do a quarter mile (I believe) - an electronic part malfunctioned but luckily, it resumed after he restarted the engine. These things are the reasons why I will never buy a RR no matter how nice looking they are.

TOP GEAR USA BEST SUV 2013 - YouTube

5. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Glad you like the 3 series. I've owned three 3-series in the past and they drive very nice. Next time I'm buying a 3-series it will be an M3 though.
    Thanks for the feedback.

I don't mean to offend anyone who drives a new X3 here but anyway, I went to my local dealership today to drop off my whip for scheduled service. Unfortunately, they ran out of BMW loaners so they offered to give me a rental and told me they will drop me off to Enterprise. After a few minutes of waiting, they called me so they can drive me to the rental place - on a new X3.

Sadly, the X3 was a barebones model - no sunroof (first time I've seen a BMW without a sunroof), the interior was beige and its one of the ugliest color I've ever seen. The start-stop function was very annoying. But I would have taken it as a loaner rather than the Enterprise POS they gave me. The point is, if you are going to get an X3 (or maybe an X1) get it loaded.

yeah the thing is here... and this was explained to me by the SA... the BMW here is not like the ones in the US or other foreign countries... here its like... x1 x3 x5 x6 basically they're trying to tell you the higher the number the better the standard equipment are... so it's not really customizable, you as consumer will have to deal with the packages that's available or REALLY spend for it which is no longer practical. SA: We have a couple of accessories like mags, bi xenon but if you compute the packages are cheaper... by the way this is the LCI i'm talking about, they have standardized the bixenon, halo, effecient dynamics, start stop(yes annoying) idrive, bigger LCD etc... so in a way they marked down and up-spec'd poor Philippines lol if we just didnt have that ridiculous excise tax which are going to corrupt politicians we would have been a 1st class country..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    *niky 1 series is out of the question... i don't know why they even bothered making additional doors for the back passenger.... I didn't even bother to check it, it was so cramped... ugh... lol

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I'm sure whichever you get, it will be nice.
    Take lots of pictures and post them here.
    I have yet to take any pictures of my rides to post here but I will do as soon as I find some time (and when weather cooperates).

yeah the thing is here... and this was explained to me by the SA... the BMW here is not like the ones in the US or other foreign countries... here its like... x1 x3 x5 x6 basically they're trying to tell you the higher the number the better the standard equipment are... so it's not really customizable, you as consumer will have to deal with the packages that's available or REALLY spend for it which is no longer practical. SA: We have a couple of accessories like mags, bi xenon but if you compute the packages are cheaper... by the way this is the LCI i'm talking about, they have standardized the bixenon, halo, effecient dynamics, start stop(yes annoying) idrive, bigger LCD etc... so in a way they marked down and up-spec'd poor Philippines lol if we just didnt have that ridiculous excise tax which are going to corrupt politicians we would have been a 1st class country..

8. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I will... btw we'll be getting the sport since the xline has only 2 colors the blue and orange(screaming) lol... sport line has gray silver black etc..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    I will... btw we'll be getting the sport since the xline has only 2 colors the blue and orange(screaming) lol... sport line has gray silver black etc..
    No AW (Alpine White)? AW is the most popular here right now.
    Good choice on sport line.

BTW, my 5-series is silver (I also have a van that is silver) and my 3 previous cars before that were all silver. Silver is very easy to clean and doesn't show dirt, they look classy too....but I'm tired of silver cars, lol.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Evoque, though, uses a heavily modified Ford platform and the Ford PSA 2.2 diesel. It should be a bit more reliable than most RR products.

errh... should...

----

The 1-series is really tiny. The 3 is a better car.

Too bad you missed the sale... BMW had a bunch of 520d sedans (lovely, lovely cars) on 1m discount after the APEC Summit a while back.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast