New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Paging all owners of BMWs

I tried posting this sa bmwclubph board pero mukhang walang sumasagot...

I'm currently selling my current ride now and am seriously considering a BMW as a replacement for this. I know someone who works in Prestige and I asked him to try and hook me up with one of those certified pre-owned deals. I'm looking at getting a 316i or 320i (e36) automatic.

Price of the vehicle isn't really an issue. It is still within my budget for my new ride. The thing that I'm worried about is the upkeep costs. I know that it's probably gonna be higher than a Japanese car... but how much higher?

It's a pretty tough decision for me to make. If any of you guys (with simillar rides to that I am considering getting) can give me some feedback on your experiences in maintaning your ride, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try going to a BMW dealer and ask one of the SA for a price list on the regular service ("Inspection 1" and "Inspection 2") for the models that you plan to get. I had one before and it went to a tune of around 10-12K for the "Inspection 1" and around 20-24K for the "Inspection 2". The BMW's have longer service intervals though, around once or twice a year (roughly every 10 thou KM).

Try looking also at the other BMW/Euro repair and parts shops that the others mentioned (Top Gear, Basics, etc...).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahal ang upkeep ng kahit anong sasakyan kung sa dealership mo ipapagawa. Not to mention sayang pa ang oras mo dahil sa bagal nilang kumilos. If you find a third-party shop, bababa significantly ang upkeep mo.

Or you could try what my dad's friend does. May sindikato sa loob ng BMW, tatakan yung service booklet and irereset yung service computer pero hindi na sasabihin sa opisina. Parang 'under-the-table' ba. Same service, cheaper price.

Ganun kasi ang maintenance strategy namin kung natuloy yung 316i ng brother ko. Kaso ang kulet. Nagpabili ng Sentra. Hayun, walang gumagamit ng Sentra niya ngayon. Sana nag-BMW na lang siya (kahit second hand).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

BMW upkeep costs