New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    IMO in modifying (engine, filter, headers) of a 1.6 4 banger you will certainly increase the gas consumption, y not just get the straight six? Power and fuel efficiency contradicts each other.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hmmm..wats the model of ur bimmer? looks deadly in the pic..

but how would u rate the 316i? performance wise... all stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    IMO in modifying (engine, filter, headers) of a 1.6 4 banger you will certainly increase the gas consumption, y not just get the straight six? Power and fuel efficiency contradicts each other.
    How much is the fuel consumption in the city and highway? For the straight 6.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    mine's a 320i. city driving average of 6km/L. Highway driving * constant speed high 8km/L

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    That's just about right as far as fuel figures are concerned.
    We have an E39 523 which consumes about the same as an E36 325, as they have very close engine ratings.
    But you will never be disappointed with the driving experience.
    Maintenance is reasonable for as long as you know where to get replacement parts from non-casa firms. For key engine parts or brake pads and the like, we recommend originals from SG or HK dealers, cheaper but with warranty.
    We also had an E36 318iS before and true it had to work hard to keep up with other two above, and you can feel the grunt that it gives to keep up. You may have to turn the A/C load to help the engine but it will try to keep up.
    Mods like cone K&N might affect MAF later as we have experienced, so we stayed with K&N panels to keep stock configuration of air filter. Exhausts you can mod with ACS or SS but be careful with CO sensors.
    Be careful with chip upgrades too as it plays with the tuning mapping aspects, a good provider is necessary, pref with warranty.
    Good luck on your eventual choice and let us know when you wish to join the official BMW AG recognized BMW Car Club of the Philippines, with or without your BMW car (car ownership not required).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I don't have any idea on the cost of maintaining an European car. Can you guys give me an example on the price of parts? Let's say how much yung mga brake pads? Thanks
    Last edited by ET1; June 22nd, 2005 at 04:23 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Bendix standard front n rear set for E36 will cost approx 4.5k

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Mmm... They're slightly expensive than what I spend right now on my truck. Benta ko na lang kaya sasakyan ko para naman ma-experience ko na magka Euro car! Baka naman sirain sila? Sabi sa akin problem areas daw nila e sa electronics. Is this true?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    di naman, so far sakin la pa prob re. electronics. preventive maintenance lng gnagawa ko since the straight six engines are known to have cooling issues. like changing water pump, thermostat, thermostat housing etc. that 3 parts only cost me a little less than 5k. kaya di naman ganun kamahal.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nagpopost pala dito ang pinsan kong si vince.

Good luck doc!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
bmw 316i