New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Petrol engined models are often way cheaper than their diesel versions. Not sure with BMW but that's the way it is with most car manufacturers.
    For the local BMW X5s baliktad. The diesels are the cheapest ones:
    3.0d 4.9M
    3.0d Limited 5.6M
    3.0i Executive 5.8M
    (source: TGph mag)

The top-end X5s are the 4.4i, the 4.6is, and the 4.8is.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    He means as secondhand vehicles. Even though the gasoline variants are higher priced when new, they lose more in depreciation than the diesels.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    A car dealer is selling us a 2002 BMW X5 4.4i 40tkm, for only 2.2M
    Prices of the petrol BMW X5 is in the Mid 2M+ mark.
    The diesel BMW X5 have a higher price than the Petrols even if initially they are more expensive. This just solidifies the stand that diesel should be the better buy in any auto variant.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I'm looking at secondhand prices... 2004 models are around 3.5 -3.8 m (asking), so I guess a good range for 2002 models would be 2.5 - 3.0 m. The 2.2m for the 2002 sounds about right.

At those prices for a secondhand, considering you can get a 2002 4.4i from the US for around 25-30k dollars (based on Blue Book estimates), you should estimate spending 100% +++ of the vehicle's value in taxes and importation... which means you can spend up to 2.5m to 3m pesos (including the cost of the vehicle). Which is why brand new Toyota FJ Cruisers cost so much here...

But if the guy owns it already, and is a balikbayan, there might be a special dispensation that will allow him to bring it in cheaper. You'll have to call Customs to find out.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    I don't think it's a good idea to bring in a 2002 X5. The balikbayan privilege is no longer in effect neither importation of second hand vehicle. Makakapasok nga yan pero sa brand new pa rin ibe base ang tax hindi na sa bluebook. So do your math. Masakit sobra sa ulo yan. Just my 2 pesos.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunge View Post
    The balikbayan privilege is no longer in effect neither importation of second hand vehicle. Makakapasok nga yan pero sa brand new pa rin ibe base ang tax hindi na sa bluebook. So do your math. Masakit sobra sa ulo yan. Just my 2 pesos.
    OT: waaah! sayang.. my mom in law is thinking of bringing in her e39 5 series pa naman kasi uwi daw sha next year at mag stay for ilang months. service daw nya dito, then eventually papamana na samin pagbalik nya sa US

I don't think it's a good idea to bring in a 2002 X5. The balikbayan privilege is no longer in effect neither importation of second hand vehicle. Makakapasok nga yan pero sa brand new pa rin ibe base ang tax hindi na sa bluebook. So do your math. Masakit sobra sa ulo yan. Just my 2 pesos.
    ..ganun ba? nuong una ganito ba talaga ang rules? im planning kasi to bring mg car sa pinas if ever na uuwi, kung di man lang bago...talo pa rin

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    kahit dati pa na may balikbayan privilege, masakit talaga sa ulo yan. nagtataka pa ba kayo?

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ptk675 View Post
    OT: waaah! sayang.. my mom in law is thinking of bringing in her e39 5 series pa naman kasi uwi daw sha next year at mag stay for ilang months. service daw nya dito, then eventually papamana na samin pagbalik nya sa US
    baka nakaalis na ulit ang biyenan mo at natapos ang vacation e di pa rin nakakalabas ng pier ang e39 nya arkila na lang kamo sya ng kotse dito mas makakatipid pa sya. Just my 2 pesos again

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    plus there are a number of used X5, X3 and mazda-like hatchback bmw sedans available for sale locally.

kanina lang bumisita ako sa Servitek dyan sa Ortigas yun may badminton. dami BMW's.

very surprised ang dami X3 duon, 5 in my count with models '05 up

used vehicles priced at 2M up are not really fast & easy sell here in the Phils.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
2002 Bmw X5