New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Need advice folks, for a noob's predicament here. I wanted to do detailing work on my ride as often as you oc guys do, but I live in a location where residents either regularly hire professional detailers, or treat their rides lesser than they should. I guess the discouragement by the management re the washing of cars on the parking lot might've been the culprit for this (rare?) phenomenon. So the only fix that I can see for me now would be that of Ziebart's Diamond Gloss which would last me at least nine months combined with a regular CCD application, probably some buckets of plain water, a blade, and a waffle cloth all done outside the vicinity. I haven't figured things out yet and that is where you experts (gents and ladies) come in. Is there any alternative out there beside this step which is convenient for those lazy bums... and wannabe-detailers-inadilemma like me? Your suggestions and corrections alike are appreciated. Thanks and mo' powah to tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir Helios, forget Ziebart... mahal dun. Go to Big Bert's, masaya ako dun.

There's 1 in Araneta Ave. where Redline used to be. They also have 1 in Ortigas sa compound ng parang malaking Home Depot (forgot the real name) sa Julia Vargas.

Try mo search, may thread sila dito.

IMO lang Ziebart overcharge, sobrang mahal yung detailing service nila, I can't speak about their service since I haven't (and will not) tried their detailing service.

9 months? I don't think so, sealants will last a good 2 to 3 months given the proper "curing" time. At the risk of sounding biased, ever since sa bigberts na ako pumupunta when I need detailing services (altho I do my own detailing at times pero nakakapagod), service is good and resonably priced.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ziebart's service are too pricey. kay bb ka na lang.
    ika nga ni ownertype, why wear an original guess brief when you can use hanford. hehehe

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks flagg, ILD, and happy for replying. Sorry, I just got back to my PC just now. ILD, I'm biased with BB as well if I only have a choice. The problem is I couldn't do the personal detailing in between BB sessions because of certain restrictions in my residence. Happy_gilmore, how often do you visit BB in a year? Will 4 times' visit to BB be economically equivalent to a single visit to Ziebart? Flagg, Ryan from Ziebart's told me na sulit naman yung price for the one year guaranteed gloss. He even told me that if I could not wash off with plain water certain stains, I'll just bring it in and they'll do it themselves for free. What do you think guys? Isang malaking bagsak for 9 months of gloss, versus a tricklefeed na gastos with BB's Theveed, Vince, etc? Once again, thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Helios, I'll just describe our OptiGuard po.

Hindi po sya trickled spending since your program price is paid upfront and it covers all four of your visit sessions within the 12 month period.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir Theveed, thanks for the info. Do I still have to do personal maintenance (dusting, buckets of water, and drying only. No more waxing, sealing, etc.) in between the four maintenance visits to BB as part of the Optiguard package? I'm just looking for a work-around for my predicament indicated in the first post.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    helios,

here's my post about ziebarts diamond gloss and bigberts.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...2&page=2&pp=20

kahit pumapalpak ang Bigberts sa services nila sa revo ko.. sa kanila ko pa din binabalik dahil usually hindi naman intension yung kapalpakan.. and besides, yung owner mismo ng bigberts ang kausap mo po.. sa ziebart? ah eh sasabihin lang sa iyo na ibalik na lang sa shop nila.. tapos magdasal ka na maganda ang backjob nila hehe..

dati na ako nagpapa-service sa BB, like interior detailing, windshield det, combo promo, car wash..

nagpa Optiguard ako sa BB last tuesday lang (30may06).. mga 4500 binayad ko and inclusive na yung future quarterly maintenance (Aug,Nov,Feb)

sa Ziebart diamond gloss, ang 1st application nila is around 6K, tapos 3K every year na.. yung gloss eh will not last for 6 months.. subok ko na ito dahil ako lang linis ng revo ko... tapos kung gusto mo pa-buff ulit diamond gloss eh bayad ka 1.5K for midyear maintenance, option mo lang po ito..

don't take Ziebart's Diamond Gloss.. pwede mo try iba kung ayaw mo sa BB.. this is just my opinion based from experience hehe

teka teka.. dapat meron na ako discount sa BB sa pag-promote sa kanila hehe...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Thanks Sir Revo for the warning... and the BB's promotion. Dapat nga may discount ang marketing pips ng BB ;-) Note taken sir. Ryan from Carsavers been calling me to promote their guaranteed product. Noobs like me are easy preys for them if uninformed about the hitches you've mentioned based from your experience. So far BB stands out as the best co. in detailing for me. Although sir, Optiguard may still require high maintenance in between your visits to BB, di po ba? Because of the restriction in where I live I could only settle for a low maintenance job for my car and still maintain the gloss that your cars enjoy. This is my Catch 22 unless I change residence. Darn the management and its bureaucracy!

Helios: Yup you'd still have to wash your car as part of the maintenance. For me, ziebarts claim of not using a car shampoo is plain BS, pardon me for being blunt. First you need a car shampoo for lubricity to minimize swirls, 2nd reason, car shampoo lifts dirt of the surface of the paint. Invest in a CCD, QD - better get it by the gallon para makatipid ka, and Microfiber towels. During summer you can go as long as 2-3 weeks without washing your car, just do a CCD - QD session everyday (this is my daily routine, takes me only around 15mins.)

For more detailing info... please visit the "Detailing Thread"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
To Ziebart or not to Ziebart?