Quote Originally Posted by akal View Post
    speed, comfort, looks -> mazda
    practicality -> avanza
    speed/comfort/looks -> mazda3 2.0L sedan
    practicality -> mazda3 1.6L hatchback
    basic utility -> avanza

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung pang pamilya, I think the Avanza would make more sense.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cadworx View Post
    thank you Guys for sharing.. basically we're just 4 in the family and mostly all year im not home so it would be just my wife and 2-kids whose goin to use the vehicle' its more of a Family CAR..purpose.

since the price is almost the same 800k up..im having problem w/c is better
    AUV or Sedan at first i was thingking of AVANZA kasi pede ko kargahan if we're gonna buy a bulky stuff..but then again.. I still want the porma...but definitely dont wanna have a WAGON type..

Plus the review of AVANZA was not that convincing specially when it goes over 100mph..so highperformance parts needs to be added like strut bracings
    Shocks.. for better performance..

then I stumbled upon the MAZDa-3 website and it was a Jaw-dropper..

hmm.. what do you think guys?

a4tech - ser' yu have a mazda3 is the gas consumption reasonable or its a bit expensive?

meledson - ser' so far musta po ang performance ng AVANZA nyo, totoo ba yun review nila? sa malaysia..
    For a 2.0 Engine its reasonable. I travel 31-35 Kms / Day and i peg my fuel in peso terms. Mga 200-215 isang araw. So that would be around 7Km / Li city driving. Btw, the 1.6 (sedan) is LESS fuel efficient than the 2.0 ones according to reviews.

How about the Honda Civic? Looks good too, fuel efficient daw and i think its roomier than the Mazda3.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cadworx View Post
    Though Im not really particular with how much items I can dump into one of these cars..
    That statement practically eliminates the "need" to get an Avanza since you'll just get one primarily for its ability to seat 7 people and have a little bit more cargo space (when the last row isn't used).

In almost all aspects, the Mazda3 will score over the Avanza (fuel consumption is decent at 11.2km/L for mixed city/highway use). Even just focusing on the interior alone you'll get your money's worth with the Mazda3 as you'll be getting top quality trimmings against the uber utilitarian plastic of the Avanza.

Plus I have no love for the Avanza's suspension... we rode one in Malaysia where they have practically near perfect roads and yet I felt like puking due to the constant bobbing of the suspension over small road imperfections (like road expansion gaps and painted road markings - I'm not joking with my last remark).

Here's bigbigcar.com's take on the Mazda3 Hatchback:

http://www.bigbigcar.com/ReviewArticle.aspx?id=17

photo credit: Ken Tamayo

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'd go for the mazda3 but the 2.0L version. It's a given that its not very good in terms of FC but it is really more enticing to drive around, obviously I prefer comfort versus practicality. I've riden both vehicle and if you compare refinements (e.g. ride comfort, controls, accesories etc) mazda3 wins hands down (of course, its not a fair to compare the 2 because they belong to different class but... we need to compare ). Also, the avanza's suspention is not something to like. Pero pag dating sa practicality, syempre avanza, 7 seater, better FC. so, tulad ng sabi ng iba, depende na sa priority mo. I think wala ka ng talo sa dalawa na to kahit alin piliin mo.

slightly OT:
    ayaw kita guluhin pero sa nabasa ko sa needs mo, the Kia carens is a better fit. Why not test drive one and see for yourself.

Lam mo 3 years ago ang exact words ko looking at a carnival/sportage "ang ganda ng kia/hyundai a, pero korean car pa din yan, hinding hindi ako bibili nyan". ngayon, after ive test driven the getz and the carens (and after reading stories from happy owners of sta fe, picanto etc), we bought the carens and I'm a happy man

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I'm driving an Avanza G, automatic, I was looking for an automatic that can sit more than 5 and is in the 800T price tag with as much safety options as possible. I did looked at the Carens but for 868T, the LX model doesn't come with airbags, ABS and wala pang keyless entry, so I ended up getting the Avanza G.

Pero if I was in the shoes of the TS, parang di naman nya kailangan nang more than 5 seater.. so I think the Mazda is the perfect choice, iba pa rin ang ride nang sedan, sa Avanza eh medyo bouncy talaga ang ride.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Carens is the best choice of a seven seater when it comes to price versus comfort... but the lack of ABS is a real worry. Still, its more stable than the Avanza on bumpy roads.

Iba talaga ang Avanza. You buy it because you want a utility/work vehicle that you can sometimes use for the family.

You buy the Carens as a family vehicle that you can sometimes use to haul stuff.

You buy the Mazda as a family/personal vehicle, period.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    ...I did looked at the Carens but for 868T, the LX model doesn't come with airbags, ABS and wala pang keyless entry, so I ended up getting the Avanza G...

sir, meron pong keyless entry yung lx ng carens, at least mine has. and the a/t shifter has tiptronic. but you are right about it not having ABS and airbag, this got me disappointed that I almost did not push thru with the purchase. In the end the price/feature advantage of the carens won among the cars ive looked at.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    meron ba? yung specs kasing nakita ko walang nakalagay..

Quote Originally Posted by wavecxs View Post
    sir, meron pong keyless entry yung lx ng carens, at least mine has. and the a/t shifter has tiptronic. but you are right about it not having ABS and airbag, this got me disappointed that I almost did not push thru with the purchase. In the end the price/feature advantage of the carens won among the cars ive looked at.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Bro just follow your heart and choose the one that fits you. Avanza fits me kaya ung ang pinili ko

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
which is wise to get AVANZA or MAZDA3 1.6L AT V (4dr)