New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hi, guys newbie in Tsikot.forums..

Just wanna ask opinion about Which is better BUY between a SEDAN and an AUV? particularly a AVANZA vs. Mazda3..

Though Im not really particular with how much items I can dump into one of these cars..

I would appreciate if you could share me some of your opinions..

Cheers.

Happy Motoring.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    depends on how will you use the car?? kung less than 5 lang naman sasakay mo.. I'll go get the Mazda3.. kung more than 5.. then Avanza..

Its how you will use. For bigger passenger capacity and low fuel consumption plus a high ride you can get the avanza. But if you are after the comfort with a limited number of passenger (5 below) Mazda would be great.
    It's how you will use it.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cadworx View Post
    Hi, guys newbie in Tsikot.forums..

Just wanna ask opinion about Which is better BUY between a SEDAN and an AUV? particularly a AVANZA vs. Mazda3..

Though Im not really particular with how much items I can dump into one of these cars..

I would appreciate if you could share me some of your opinions..

Cheers.

Happy Motoring.
    Depende sa needs mo. Masyadong magkaiba (IMHO) para mai-compare sila.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If you want something in between, get the Kia Carens.

Been in a similar situation 4 months ago. Went home with a Mazda 3 2.0R, sunog bulsa ko sa Gas hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    thank you Guys for sharing.. basically we're just 4 in the family and mostly all year im not home so it would be just my wife and 2-kids whose goin to use the vehicle' its more of a Family CAR..purpose.

since the price is almost the same 800k up..im having problem w/c is better
    AUV or Sedan at first i was thingking of AVANZA kasi pede ko kargahan if we're gonna buy a bulky stuff..but then again.. I still want the porma...but definitely dont wanna have a WAGON type..

Plus the review of AVANZA was not that convincing specially when it goes over 100mph..so highperformance parts needs to be added like strut bracings
    Shocks.. for better performance..

then I stumbled upon the MAZDa-3 website and it was a Jaw-dropper..

hmm.. what do you think guys?

a4tech - ser' yu have a mazda3 is the gas consumption reasonable or its a bit expensive?

meledson - ser' so far musta po ang performance ng AVANZA nyo, totoo ba yun review nila? sa malaysia..

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    thank you Guys for sharing.. basically we're just 4 in the family and mostly all year im not home so it would be just my wife and 2-kids whose goin to use the vehicle' its more of a Family CAR..purpose.

Plus the review of AVANZA was not that convincing specially when it goes over 100mph..so highperformance parts needs to be added like strut bracings
    ipapangarera ba ng esmi mo?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006

since the price is almost the same 800k up..im having problem w/c is better
    AUV or Sedan at first i was thingking of AVANZA kasi pede ko kargahan if we're gonna buy a bulky stuff..but then again.. I still want the porma...but definitely dont wanna have a WAGON type..

then I stumbled upon the MAZDa-3 website and it was a Jaw-dropper..

hmm.. what do you think guys?

a4tech - ser' yu have a mazda3 is the gas consumption reasonable or its a bit expensive?

meledson - ser' so far musta po ang performance ng AVANZA nyo, totoo ba yun review nila? sa malaysia..
    Hi cadworx,

I'm driving an Avanza 1.3 & part of the Avanza thread here. Wala naman ganyang problem ang naka 1.5 G version. Baka depende din sa production date. Sa Indonesia kasi may problem sila sa steering pero wala namang nag complain dito sa atin.

Iba nga syempre ang datin at ride ng sedan sa AUV. Medyo matagtag ang Avanza.

Noong wala akong family, sedan or hatch ang gusto ko. Pero ngayon though 1 lang ang anak ko, wagon na ang hanap ko.
    Last edited by dfcsantos; November 21st, 2007 at 03:18 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    speed, comfort, looks -> mazda
    practicality -> avanza

pareho lang siguro situation natin. we are 4 in the family and i'm always out (ofw). i have also a sedan ('97 lancer). i'm using my avanza 1.5G more often kung kasama ang mga bata since mas enjoy sila dahil sa extra space sa likod. medyo masikip na rin kasi sa sedan especially kung isasama ang katulong. Comfort wise, hindi rin naman masama ang avanza but you can't compare it sa sedan. But better test drive mo muna.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Between the Avanza and Mazda3 ... I would get the Mazda3 1.6L hatchback.

I have test driven the Avanza and it is a very basic AUV. Driving dynamics is very basic, reaching 100kph, you can feel the chassis is giving up. Tires don't grip the road too much so no high performance driving either. The interior is a big let-down for me because I am assuming TOYOTA would give it at least an average interior but from what I saw, it was truly horrible if it will be used as a family vehicle. Cargo maybe or even public transport.

The mazda3 HB (hatchback) might be better suited for your wants and needs. A comfortable hatchback sedan with sporty looks, capable suspension/chassis and a good engine for city and highway driving. The rear cargo area is big enough to carry larger items if you fold down the rear seats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
which is wise to get AVANZA or MAZDA3 1.6L AT V (4dr)