New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    guys i'm going to have some panels of my car repainted probably next week kapag naging ok na weather... front bumper, trunk lid, quarter panels (yung sa rear left and right), medyo sun bleached part ng roof and maybe pati rear bumper na rin... mostly touch up/retoke lang naman just to make it look presentable.

ang problem ko po ngayon is kung ipa-3 step detail ko muna before the paint job? or the other way around -- paint then detail? nabasa ko po kasi somewhere here na di pa dapat galawin ang newly painted (car) part, should wait 2 months or something like that... was thinking detail muna para lumabas yung totoong malinis na kulay para bumagay sa bagong paint... pero sa totoo lang i really have no idea kung tama yun theory ko na yun... hehehe!

need inputs po... thanks in advance po!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I would tend to think that having it detailed before repainting would be a good choice, to enable the painter to come close to the original color...

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    painting muna before detailing. kung gusto kausapin mo yung pintor, buff nya isang panel para makita yung totoong kulay.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by impulzz View Post
    painting muna before detailing. kung gusto kausapin mo yung pintor, buff nya isang panel para makita yung totoong kulay.
    AJ,

dalawa na kaming detailer na nagsasabi sa iyo..

go na ipagawa mo na sa zeon yan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i can not understand this, can you explain this?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    paint then detail. the detail work might just get ruined after the paint job. waste of money.

if you're worried about getting the right color, follow what impulzz said... have a small area buffed to see the right color.

if you're car has a stock color (original paint from manufacturer), it should have a paint code. the painter would probably know this but you could research on it if you want to be sure.

newly painted cars should not be waxed within at least 2 months. this gives the paint time to dry, set and breathe. if you do wax it before 2 months, there is a possibility that the paint will rise or have bubbles.

if it still doesn't match the car color after the paint job, detailing could possibly resolve that.

What Should I Do? Need Help...