New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Let's say I want my brand new car to have a glossier look, how would I go about that? Without any major expenditures (say, on refinishing, etc.) Thanks for any input.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    color of your car?

if its brand new, and you want to amp the shine, why not have it detailed? get a sealant or any quality wax and you're set.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, short of refinishing, wetsanding will give a dramatic change in look since the orangepeel will be gone. drawback is that you'll lose quite a bit of clearcoat in the process.

Proper paint detail will bring out the best possible look of the CURRENT paint job, no more, no less.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    actually, short of refinishing, wetsanding will give a dramatic change in look since the orangepeel will be gone. drawback is that you'll lose quite a bit of clearcoat in the process.

Proper paint detail will bring out the best possible look of the CURRENT paint job, no more, no less.
    Please define "proper paint detail". Note that:
    1. I don't spend that much time in the Philippines to be able to comply "religiously" to shops' paint programs' schedules. (ideally, my sked is 3mos on, 1mo off).
    2. My car is in La Union.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dehadista
    color of your car?

if its brand new, and you want to amp the shine, why not have it detailed? get a sealant or any quality wax and you're set.
    Yellow po. Would that matter?

The most effective method without sacrificing the clearcoat, have it detailed.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [url=http://bigberts.com/faq.html]Hope this helps a bit...[/b]

There are quite a few factors we need to consider how often it'll be used, how it'll be stored, how it'll be maintained, etc...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Easiest way is to wash your car and apply Glaze.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    [url=http://bigberts.com/faq.html]Hope this helps a bit...[/b]

There are quite a few factors we need to consider how often it'll be used, how it'll be stored, how it'll be maintained, etc...
    TY sa link. Anyway, re: the factors
    - frequency of use: commulatively, in a year, let's just say, average 3mos, due to my schedule (plus the occassional on/off and li'l forward/reverse whenever I'm not there to use it)
    - storage: car port, open air, but fully shaded.
    - maintenance (mechanical-wise): will be by the book. :-D
    - maintenance (exterior/interior): I do it myself, i.e. I do the washing whenever I'm home.

I hate to sound annoying but, is there a "home-remedy" for this? I have been considering detailing since I got it but there just isn't any "proper" shop (AFAIK) near my place and my schedule is SO volatile.

*TheVeed, hope you don't mind if I send you some queries via email after I've gone through the site completely... who knows, maybe I could get enough days on my next vacation.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    BTW: sorry if my queries are annoying. The car I'm referring to is my first car. And I'd like to keep it for as long as it lasts and ofcourse to keep it looking new. At the same time, I'm li'l bit new to the car business since I've gotten used to UVs like our old one, which are "wash & wear", so to speak (IMHO).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Wet Look