Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    nka Gatsby. hehe. OT

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    That's fine.
    thanks, atleast i don't feel so glum anymore...

That's OK too, but if budget permits, grab waffle weave MFs for drying and dump the synth chamois...
    already in my To-Do List. :-D

...Search nalang regarding microfibers.
    If selection isnt that good, Turtle Wax Platinum is really, really good. Just use as directed by hand. Get waxing tips from the other posts. Use a foam applicator to apply.
    doing that as we "speak"...I'm already in page 65 of the detailing thread.

Throw TIREBLACK away. Worse crap you can use on tires and rubber.
    done.

With Armor All, follow instructions, 99% of people I ask NEVER follow instructions (meaning, they never let it dry and wipe off the stuff after applying...)
    okidoki, I'm a "manuals" kid. :-D plus I've got my GF giving me pointers in car care...much like the reverse of patopig's situation in the tele-novela thread. hehehe. she's the one who got me into "car care" 'coz I was used to "cowboy" with the old but still dependable 23YO owner I was driving...thanks to my dad's engine maintenance the old-timer can still conquer Baguio even if it did it 2x a day, 7 days a week...but that's an entirely different story...now going back to Diana...now she's thinks I'm over reacting!!! If she'd only be able to read the detailing thread... :-D

RTFM in my profession hehe.
    uh...RTFM? I'm guessing it stands for R-ead T-he e-F-fin' M-anual?

Vac often, as often as possible, that'll stop dirt on its track. Again, read my AA comment above.
    Yup, that's why I invested on a B&D vac as soon as I got the chance to drive Diana to SM Baguio. :-D Used the vac as the alibi to go to Baguio and ofcourse to do my first shopping of car care products which was condoned by my gf again 'coz she's an Ace Hardware afficionada. :-P

It is normal. It's IMPOSSIBLE to have a swirl free car that you can actually use.
    whew!more sigh of relief...

Yes, eventually you'll get a routine and get things done much faster.
    hopefully, considering the time I get to spend onshore is sooo nominal at times

Depends, is the paint still there? If primer is showing, there's nothing you can do but to touch it up with paint. Basically if it feels indented (lubog) then you need to touch it up with paint, if it's tambok, then it can be buffed out.
    That's another thing, what ought the primer's color look like? reddish? grayish? greenish? or any thing that's not the same as the car's color? :-D
    here's what I can say though, they both still look yellowish, both are indented. I'll try and do a macro shot when I get home.
    With regards to touch up paint, I was told by a colleague that new cars always come with a can of touch up paint(true or not, i don't know) but mine didn't.Referred this to my dealership already, and they seem to reckon a full panel repaint would be the best...maybe marketing strategy so I'd pay more rather than just a simple touch-up, I don't know...

Some scratches are thin enough to be removed by polishes and scratch removers.
    even in the hands of a detailing newb?
    when I showed this to my dealership's services supervisor, he tried some sort of a liquid TW... but he said the defect can't be corrected that way, same thing when I went to their "main office" ('coz there are 2 of them in L.U.), their body shop boys said not even "rubbing" could help...I'll go check with them again when I get back...lest, I get enough time on my next vacation to drop by your place and if you offer service for correcting these pock marks...

Lastly, I like your car,...
    ty

[qoute=theveed]...but Hyundai paint jobs are by far some of the worse I've seen in terms of FINISHING. The orange peel is horrendous. Maybe that's why you feel that your car doesn't have that "wet look" effect... Grabe alon ng OEM Hyundai paint.[/QUOTE]
    so, does this mean I could only really attain the wet look effect if I ditch my OEM and have it refinished?
    hmm...I hope I run into this "orange peel" soon, I haven't seen it yet in the thread's 1-65 pages I've read, i mean the definition or something...
    d-oh! I just remembered, I my spoiler's paint was just barely a week old when I waxed!!! I think I'm in deep s#!+ again... :-(

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpOy
    ganda ni diana ah, pare congrats,...
    ty
    ...just keep in clean by frequent washing,
    will try my best...limited time skeds. :-(
    ...then glaze then seal its the ABC of detailing......
    hehehe, lemme finish my research first and get to the last page of the detailing thread. :-D...almost there... hahaha

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy18
    nka Gatsby. hehe. OT
    Ay, bawal sa amin yan. Kasi magagalit ang tatay ko, nakakakalbo raw kasi ang gatsby, pomada, etc. :-P hahaha.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber
    You must really reckon I'm really daft? huh?
    Nope, don't reckon that, just heard it from some people and thought I'd get it out here to get a reaction. Glad to know it got debunked

d-oh! I just remembered, I my spoiler's paint was just barely a week old when I waxed!!! I think I'm in deep s#!+ again... :-(
    Spray some APC diluted in water, that should strip off the wax.

That's another thing, what ought the primer's color look like? reddish? grayish? greenish? or any thing that's not the same as the car's color? :-D
    It should look the same are your cars color. Clear Coat is well transparent, its a protective layer for the base coat.

I hope I run into this "orange peel" soon
    At night under a florescent light, look at a panel of your car at an angle, you'll won't see a smooth mirror like finish instead you'll see an orange skin texture hence the term "orange peel". If you want a mirror finish, you can A. have it wet sanded and buffed or B. have it wetsanded and apply another layer or 2 of clearcoat.

BTW, in the "Detailing Thread" you'll see some wetsanding and spot painting pics of dehadista, all DIY. Impressive work.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    OT: wow a woman who actually likes to go to Ace Hardware. Lucky guy bro.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveDetailing
    Spray some APC diluted in water, that should strip off the wax.
    ...uh, that was 2 months ago ILD. :-( and now I'm offshore, and I won't be home for 2 more months... waaah!
    ...TY for the "orange peel"
    BTW, in the "Detailing Thread" you'll see some wetsanding and spot painting pics of dehadista, all DIY. Impressive work.
    ...yup, saw that just now... 92 pages... many more to go. :-D

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    OT: wow a woman who actually likes to go to Ace Hardware. Lucky guy bro.
    aye! mate. and she doesn't go to ACE and head straight for the homekeeping section, rather she goes to the automotive section.:-D that's why I don't have to hide anything regarding my affairs ... with my computer and my car from her, :-D we're just even 'coz she's got another man, "Sam", her corolla. :-P thus, gives birth to hardware shopping dates. :-D detailing dates? soon... maybe. :-D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Wet Look