New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    If my car still has wax and I want to apply a polymer sealant, do I need to clay it first, or can I just layer the sealant on top of the wax?
    you need to strip off the wax in order for the sealant to bond properly with the paint. you can do claying but it will not remove the old wax. the faster way is to shampoo it with a dishwashing liquid soap, the degreaser content will strip off completely the old wax. then apply an all in one product to clean, polish and prepped the paint surface afterwhich you can then apply your polymer sealant. you can even top up your sealant again with wax..

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    you need to strip off the wax in order for the sealant to bond properly with the paint. you can do claying but it will not remove the old wax. the faster way is to shampoo it with a dishwashing liquid soap, the degreaser content will strip off completely the old wax. then apply an all in one product to clean, polish and prepped the paint surface afterwhich you can then apply your polymer sealant. you can even top up your sealant again with wax..
    Thanks sa quick reply paps!

Any recommendation for that all in one cleaner, polisher, prep that's readily available dito satin?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    Is Wash + KAIO enough to strip off old wax before applying Sealant?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    Is Wash + KAIO enough to strip off old wax before applying Sealant?
    yes, any cleaner polish will do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Wax vs. Polymer Sealant