New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    last week, while nasa isang resort kami, sa may parking space eh may water sprinkler pala. eh natapat na dun ako naka park, pero nde pa naka on yung sprinkler. nung pauwi na kmi eh nag spray pala ng water kaya ayun daming watermarks sa hood and some parts of the car's body. ang sama pa eh sa sobrang init eh na sun-baked na yata yung marks.

i tried to remove it by using EO cleaner wax. pero nandun pa din eh. kaya kaya to ng clay bar? ano advice on how to remove this? kakainis eh sobrang dami

TIA!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Mann View Post
    last week, while nasa isang resort kami, sa may parking space eh may water sprinkler pala. eh natapat na dun ako naka park, pero nde pa naka on yung sprinkler. nung pauwi na kmi eh nag spray pala ng water kaya ayun daming watermarks sa hood and some parts of the car's body. ang sama pa eh sa sobrang init eh na sun-baked na yata yung marks.

i tried to remove it by using EO cleaner wax. pero nandun pa din eh. kaya kaya to ng clay bar? ano advice on how to remove this? kakainis eh sobrang dami

TIA!
    yup kaya yan ng claybar. tapos, wax it, tapos apply a quick detailer.
    o kaya dalahin mo na lang sa bigberts o sa suking detailing shop mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Try mo 3M scratch remover, then follow up with 3M Hand Glaze then Wax to seal the surface. Solved na problem mo.
    Last edited by leinahtan; April 11th, 2007 at 12:01 PM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Don't waste your clay. Wash and rub it lightly with some vinegar. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to get it worked over with some compound and polish.

if cleaner wax doesn't work, use a polish, or have a professional detailer do it for you since they will have the tools for the job.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Seriously, don't waste your wax. The residue from the sprinkler is most likely the result of hard water. Good luck getting mineral deposits off with claying. You need a mildly acidic solvent (vinegar), or abrasive polishing, if the minerals are stubborn.

Just remember to wax after the vinegar wash, since the vinegar will strip your car of it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tnx for all the replies!

what brand of polish should i use? ok ba 3M? i will try vinegar this weekend

too bad i just had my car detailed last feb, then this thing happened. wla na ko budget pa detail ulet...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kaya yan ng polishing compound like 3M or Wipe Out, mura pa.

Watermarks on my hood