New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Tsikoteers! Newbie with my first post. Sana tama pag place ko ng thread kasi hindi ko alam under what category this falls under. Anyway...

What do you call that thing attached under the hood? That black sheet? I assume it's supposed to protect the hood from the engine's heat. My question is, is it important to have one? I bought 2nd hand '97 Mazda 323 from my friend; had it washed (including engine). Nung tamaan ng water yung black sheet, sira! Masyado nang marupok; practically crumbled away.

Does it significantly help in reducing the heat on the hood? If ever, saan puwede magpakabit uli nun? Any ideas how much?

Thanks!

Dagdag pala: Yung ginagamit niyo na microtex MF, same quality din ba sa mga MF towels na nabibili sa department stores? Can I use those if I can't find microtex?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    That's actually there to reduce the engine noise that can be heard when the hood is closed. Your car will be fine even without one on the hood.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ah I see! Ok, I thought it was for reducing the heat on the hood. Always felt it was useless if it was for that reason... thanks!

That thing under the hood...