New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    help po

i attached blind spots (stick on with double adhesive tapes) on my side mirrors. that was around 5 yrs ago. nong natangal sya, nag leavee ng stains, both the adhesive and the round shape (dont know how to describe it).

i tried removing the stains with car shamppoo, clerview windshield cleaner pero ayaw pa rin matangal.

any advise??

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Try something acidic perhaps(vinegar). Warm water and soap also.
    Polishing compound might work or baka pwede madetail yan sa bigberts...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    my oops adhesive remover ba dyan? mabisa yun pantanggal ng adhesive... kung ayaw pa rin o wala e my suggestion is kerosine o thinner baka tumalab.. wag mo bubuhusan punas lang

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    WD40 will work as well.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The stain you're seeing is actually the original color of the glass covered by the circular blindspot mirror. After 5 years, the portion not covered by the blindspot mirror may have since faded and will appear lighter.

What you can do is either have the side glass mirrors replaced or get another pair of blindspot mirrors to cover the spots.

Have your side mirrors polished.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    The stain you're seeing is actually the original color of the glass covered by the circular blindspot mirror. After 5 years, the portion not covered by the blindspot mirror may have since faded and will appear lighter.

That too...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vicoyski
    kuhang kuha ang pagkakasulat. hirap kasi i english yung condition ng side mirror.

try ko post ng pix

stains on side mirrors