New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Have any of you guys tried this product from 3M? Have no idea about the price but would it be worth it? There are lots of people walking on our parking space which will eventually cause a scratch or two and lots of finger prints on our cars, hope this products helps minimize or prevent it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Scotchgard is a fabric stain protector...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ILuvDetailing,

Where can I buy this product?

I've been looking for this product since I had my Vitara with soft top. The vendor of my soft top canvass is recommending this product for its maintenance.

thanks

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmm I'm experiencing a strange case of dejavu here. I honestly remembered replying to chokoy's post a couple of weeks ago..

Anyway...

Scotchgard is available in most hardware chains like Ace/True Value.

But it won't work as well if you're trying to seal a canvass top. Try going to Besa's (the shoe repair shop) or the one sa basement beside Great Image sa Megamall and look for fabric guards or water repellants for cloth/leather materials.

WEIRD TALAGA, NASABI KO NA TO EH! hehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ILuvDetailing:

Fingerprints and scratches while parked? Um, just curious, Scotchgard ba talaga hanap mo? Kasi as mentioned, pang-fabric yun e. Either one of your rides is a soft-top convertible or you often leave your upholstery exposed in the parking lot....

If you're worried about scratches on the body itself, try Turtle Wax Scratch and Stain Remover.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 21st, 2004 at 04:31 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or are you referring to 3M's clear bra? http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/_s.155/86661

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Asus! Paint protection film pala.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed,
    It made me think again if I had posted regarding scotchgard kasi a couple of weeks ago din sinabi sa akin to. ginamit ko na "search" e pero mukhang di pa ako nakapag post nito.
    Let's see if you had a feeling you had replied on this before. " I was thinking to post " Can I apply sealant on my soft top canvass?" - but I think your reply earlier on water repellants is the best choice.

thnks.

Originally posted by theveed
    Hmm I'm experiencing a strange case of dejavu here. I honestly remembered replying to chokoy's post a couple of weeks ago..

Anyway...

Scotchgard is available in most hardware chains like Ace/True Value.

But it won't work as well if you're trying to seal a canvass top. Try going to Besa's (the shoe repair shop) or the one sa basement beside Great Image sa Megamall and look for fabric guards or water repellants for cloth/leather materials.

WEIRD TALAGA, NASABI KO NA TO EH! hehe

Well our office is along the C.M. Recto Area with lots of people passing by, well the parking space is a bit cramped, di talaga maiwasan hawakan yung hood ng oto mo...

What am refering to is the 3M Scotchgard paint protection film... yung parang clear scotchtape. naka specify dito sa brochure "Paint Protection Film" so I guess its for painted surfaces

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    How about kung lagyan mo na lang ng carcover ? Too much of a hassle ba to use it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scotchgard - Good Buy?