New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    the philippine version of that lancer used the 1.4 Astron 80 engine as i remember, the L-type before it used the 1.6 saturn engine, neptune engines were used in the Cimaron, lolo ng L300fb.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ahhh...ok ok...gets ko na ung tray sa may ilalim ng glove compartment...may ganun nga din ang mirage namin...tas ung sinaskayan kong L300 na shuttle may ganun din.

heheh.eh mga sirs, ano naman po ung mga 4g something something na tawag sa makina ng mga mitsu's???

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mitsubishi_engines

"Mitsubishi engines designed since 1970 use a four-digit naming convention:

* The first (digit) signifies the number of cylinders; "2" = straight-2, "3" = straight-3, "4" = straight-4, "6" = V6, "8" = V8.
    * The second (letter) formerly referred to the fuel type; "D" = diesel, "G" = gasoline. However, since the 1980s, this has changed. Two engine families were introduced using the letter "A" to denote that all the engines in the family had an alloy cylinder head. Their latest engines, however, do not follow any previous conventions (e.g. 4M4x, 3B2x, etc).
    * The third (digit) previously denoted the engine family. Five of the "4Gxx" straight-4 engine families had distinct names; "4G1" = Orion, "4G3" = Saturn, "4G4" = Neptune, "4G5" = Astron, and "4G6" = Sirius.
    * The fourth (digit) is the specific engine model within the family. It is not a guide to its place within that family, nor is it a guide to the capacity of the engine.

There may also be supplementary letters after the initial four characters. "T" can indicate that the engine is turbocharged (e.g. 4G63T), "B" that this is the second version of the engine (e.g. 4G63B). Where engine codes are used which include the supplemental letters, the first digit denoting the number of cylinders may be omitted, so 4G63T may be seen as G63T.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    nice... thanks Sir impulzz for the info.

...and then i found myself so dumb..pwede pala i-wikipedia hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    afaik, mabigat ang steering nyan. kung meron power steering na available dyan mas maganda pakabitan mo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
project