New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pearlescent colors should NOT fade if done properly with the correct base + clear process. even non-OEM finishes can last a very long time if done properly.

basically, the only difference between solid, metallic and pearlescent finish is the materials used in the basecoat:

solids = pigment only
    metallic = pigment + metal flakes
    pearls = pigment + mineral flakes, usually mica

i've personally painted parts with pearl colors that have not faded. no experience with "candy" colors, but have personally seen some really cheap looking jobs (maybe a single stage, like theveed mentioned) that look like they never had any decent luster to begin with...so maybe that's where this perception started.

i have no idea why somebody would do a single stage pearl in this day and age....but as long as you have a good painter that performs a two stage or base + clear paint process you should have a shiny and durable finish for years

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^salamat bos. it's a bit too technical for me but i do get the gist of your post (same goes w/ bro niky's and bro theveed's post). thanks for the heads-up mga bos at least di na ko completely ignorante pag dating sa mga kailangan i-clarify ko uli sa shop

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo "house of kolors" na paint kilala ito sa US and have a phil seller (found in the seller of meguires sa kamuning extension).

AFIK their paint and technology will not fade easily.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Sir, how about standox? is it ok?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Pearl & Candy Colored Paints Fade Easy?