New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I was browsing facebook and I came accross opticoat philippines. Its a USA made product with amazing reviews.

they opened the first Opticoat paint protection center already.

"NEVER WAX YOUR CAR AGAIN!

We’ve all heard claims to long lasting wax or paint sealants that protect our automobile finishes. On TV in Magazines and from the New Car Dealers. Some unbelievably cheap and others costing up to a 100,000 They never do much more then offer a few months worth of protection. Reading the fine print for their guarantee you will see that you need to bring the car back in every 6 for a reapplication.

OPT Philippines is proud to offer Optimum Polymer Technologies Opti-Coat Permanent Paint Coating. A revolutionary product that actually protects your car’s painted finish Guaranteed. Thats right it’s guaranteed!"

what do you think? should i go for it? my car will be released next week. but i checked medyo may waiting since they only do 1 car at a time in the completely dust free center.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    how much and san to?

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    We should make a bulk order in amazon.com for all of us here in tsikot who would like one to apply in their cars.
    It's much better and cheaper compared to the 15-27k offered by OPT here in Philippines.
    It's seems easy and simple to apply it, but you just have to prep the car properly for the best results ... so why waste 15+k if you can just apply it yourself.

We probably need someone who is in the US to ship some here or just ambag for the shipping cost.
    Price is probably around 2400 if we ambag for the shipping
    Link below is the cheapest I found :
    Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MDonato View Post
    We should make a bulk order in amazon.com for all of us here in tsikot who would like one to apply in their cars.
    It's much better and cheaper compared to the 15-27k offered by OPT here in Philippines.
    It's seems easy and simple to apply it, but you just have to prep the car properly for the best results ... so why waste 15+k if you can just apply it yourself.

We probably need someone who is in the US to ship some here or just ambag for the shipping cost.
    Price is probably around 2400 if we ambag for the shipping
    Link below is the cheapest I found :
    Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 Permanent Paint Coating
    as far as i know OPT philippines will sell you opticoat2.0 and its quite reasonable. but what they use is OPTICOAT PRO. they are the only authorized dealer in the philippines who can apply opticoat pro. 2.0 is a consumer version lang and is nowhere near as durable as the pro version. the consumer version also doe not come with warranty.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Meron ako 2.0 Verison pero di ko pa na aaply. Need kasi ma full detail para swirl at defect free yung paint bago mag opticoat. Medyo madugo yung prep na needed and wala ako time para mag full detail. Around 3k ko nakuha yung Opticoat directly online.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    P.S. There's no such thing as a permanent coating. Give me enough time (and motivation) and I can strip away ANY layer even if that be Opticoat 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Meron ako 2.0 Verison pero di ko pa na aaply. Need kasi ma full detail para swirl at defect free yung paint bago mag opticoat. Medyo madugo yung prep na needed and wala ako time para mag full detail. Around 3k ko nakuha yung Opticoat directly online.
    Did you have it shipped internationally?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyboyy View Post
    as far as i know OPT philippines will sell you opticoat2.0 and its quite reasonable. but what they use is OPTICOAT PRO. they are the only authorized dealer in the philippines who can apply opticoat pro. 2.0 is a consumer version lang and is nowhere near as durable as the pro version. the consumer version also doe not come with warranty.
    Do you know their address and price? I saw their facebook but neither is mentioned.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i do the same prep as sealants but thorough wash and IPA, then follow product instructions.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    P.S. There's no such thing as a permanent coating. Give me enough time (and motivation) and I can strip away ANY layer even if that be Opticoat 1.0

Did you have it shipped internationally?
    Yes sir ordered it online then shipped it here via sea freight along with other detailing items.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    opticoat vs. wax? mas gusto ko pa rin ang mag-apply ng wax from time to time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast