New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    so i took the plunge and got me some 22's for my truck.i really dont like the bling look and was looking forever for some black rims with satin/brushed silver lips(not chromed/polished)and found this rims and i just couldnt pass up on the deal.the silver stripes on the star itself are satin silver too and not chromed.got me a good deal on the tires too.
    before

after

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    22 X 9.5 MB wheels with 3 inch lip wrapped in yokohama 285/45/22

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice!! any difference in the ride quality? i've been thinking about getting 22 or 20 for my egg_white but since it's my wife's car kailangan hindi halata sa pwet yung mods :hihihi:

ps - akin na lang yung limang piso

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *m54..
    i didnt feel any difference in ride quality but then again...i havent really driven the truck as rough as i normally do when i had my old set in it.just drove around the city with 5 people in it and i didnt feel it any bumpier than my old set.
    i can tell you that the tires now can easily break loose when i hit the gas when compared to my old setup which i think had more stickier tires.i was doing about 30MPH on a wide trun yesterday and i punched the gas and the tire squeeled(i think its more because of the trun and the inner back passenger tire didnt have enough sidewall to stick to the ground unlike my old 18's with bigger side walls)
    i can also feel how heavier they are when compared to my old alloy rims whenever i hit the breaks.
    as for the wife thing..lol...my GF was pretty pissed off too when i told her bout the price but after it was put on my truck..she liked it alot and thingking now of changing her rims on her 06 accord she even asked me to scout for a good deal and cool looking rims for her car..lol

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the new rims look great! way better than the overchromed, overpimped expies.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice rims...
    congrats...

buti hindi ka nag SVT2 rims?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    *ssaloon..
    thankz man.i ve been looking for some more subtle looking rims thats not chromed so it can compliment the truck instead of taking away from the truck so the chromed/polished ones was really not even a consideraton at all.

*kimpoy...
    thankz too.i dont like the SVT2 rim from the 03-04 lightnings but loved the rims on the 99-00 lightnings and was looking for them in bigger sizes but no one makes them.

new shoes for my expy