New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    At last! I recently have my new Black Civic FD last Thurs, Jan. 31
    Just want to ask, is it necessary to rust proof the body or is factory rustproof sufficient enough to protect the car against corrosion in the years to come? (we live near the sea/pier) The dealer gave me a free undercoat so the chassis won't be a problem for now.

Is it also necessary to wax the car while it's new? Please suggest a good shop to bring it my car for waxing.

Lastly, can you give me any suggestion regarding preventive maintainance of a new car? Thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    regards sa waxing, well, ok pa yan. after 3 months na lang, the reason behind is that the paint was still on the process of getting dried.

PMS? check the owner's manual and follow it religiously.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If you live near the sea, getting additional rust proofing might be a good idea. Sea water is very corrosive. You will also need to keep it waxed. The wax will serve as protection for your paint. You might have to wax as often as once a week to keep your paint in tip top shape.

For preventive maintenance for new cars, just bring it to the dealer. Check your manual for service intervals. I belive Honda is every 10,000 kms. You have to get it serviced by the dealer at the recommended intervals to keep your warranty.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_rex View Post
    regards sa waxing, well, ok pa yan. after 3 months na lang, the reason behind is that the paint was still on the process of getting dried.

PMS? check the owner's manual and follow it religiously.
    For new cars, its ok to wax it. The paint has cured on the factory and dealers lot. The 3 months waiting time is for repainted cars.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats on your new ride. Waxing is okay since matagal na yan sa dealer lot. Yung iba babad pa sa araw so you need to have it detailed and protected. As for rustproofing, factory serviced na yan. Just follow your next rustproofing sched and you should be okay.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wax monthly and use the proper materials (i.e. microfibre towel) and sufficient water pressure when washing the car and it should be fine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go to the big bert's thread or here: www.bigberts.com to know about their new car paint protection program.

bigbigcar.com Review: Hyundai Tucson 4x2 CRDi 2.0 A/T
    Last edited by mazdamazda; February 4th, 2008 at 03:51 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for all the inputs.

How about giving the body a "hydrophilic" treatment? Is this ok? How does this work? My agent offers me this "hydrophilic" treatment for 2K (to be rendered by Savvi, Honda Manila's rustproofing services provider)

The agent told me that it's like a clear coat applied over the paint and makes the water slide. So no need for soap when washing and no need for waxing. Makes the black paint glow more vibrant. But I need to apply the treatment every 6 months.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    congrats Jet Pac. In my case I went of Ziebart to have my ride a complete rust proof that is to have it applied to my doors and other critical areas and I have it diamond gloss to protect car paint from water beads and birds disposals. I found it very effective because i just told my to hose the whole car once a week only and dry it with a Kanebo. Its so easy to keep your car clean and maintain the original color for a long time. My 2000 revo still maintain the red original color as compare with others which look faded already.The problem is its bit pricey for the inital cost maybe you have to shell out more than 10t. But the advantage is for next check up you just pay the washing with rustproofing for only Ps 600 and the rebuffing for the car at around 2.5t. you may applied the diamond gloss every 6 months and pay only half of 2.5t. its worth it if you would to keep your car in its original state.

New Car Re: Rustproof, Waxing and suggestions