New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup, 25k + warranty is a very good price. plus their workmanship is really good

i had my ar washed over at their shop over 5 years ago, and it still looks damn good. i need a detailing job, though

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    yup, 25k + warranty is a very good price. plus their workmanship is really good
    yep... great workmanship.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i'll be sure to check them out =) have the map to their place ready and everything =) I'll just have to talk to them about how much i'd get set back if I want to go change color instead.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    hindi ba pare-pareho lang ang mga paint basta 2k-polyurethane? sa prep naman nagkakatalo usually eh.
    Yes, prep is the key but you also need to consider your paint,guns.May mga paint the low quality in the long run nag fade na yung clear coat and some paint are hard to spray and it wont even lay flat.Nagkakaktalo rin yan sa clear coat ng brand.You can't mix and match ang paint brands due to chemical reactions so kung ano yung brand ng base mo ayun din dapat and clear coat mo.For me,Kung sino ang may pinaka matigas na clear coat wins.Ano bang variants ng dupont sa pinas?marami kasing class ang dupont may pang cheap ass to hi end.

Whatever you choose stick with polyurathene.Never mind the environment.
    Last edited by ronald_m; August 31st, 2006 at 05:57 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    A quality paint job IMHO is 15% detailing 50% paint prep 35% paint brand.

First of all check the reputation and previous works of the shop because a lot of shop owners mostly use imported branded paints like Sikkens, Dupont, K-92,Anzahl to lure prospective clients. Sometimes clients get blinded by knowing impt paint brand will be used etc.But in reality the shops workforce is not capable of producing a good paint job.

I believe that paints of the same level perform the same its just about color choices, shop preference and availability. Dupont, Sikkens and K-92 paint 3 cars using each side by side you wouldnt really know the difference. Same as for Anzahl and Weber. Nippon and Rm and so on.

get a good paint shop and let them use nax,and Nippon same result will come out there may be a dip in gloss as compared to the 2k paints but still the quality is there.

Bottom line for me is regardless of the paint brand as long as the shops workforce is capable then u should get a good quality paint job. Remember dupont,sikkens, k92 are available everywhere so a racketeer paint shop can easily obtain these paints.

With regards to paint brand comparison you cant really compare...whats the difference between Coke and Pepsi?...Marboro and Winston?...Meguiars and Mothers?....its all about the car owner and the shop owners preference

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 118designs View Post

With regards to paint brand comparison you cant really compare...whats the difference between Coke and Pepsi?...Marboro and Winston?...Meguiars and Mothers?....its all about the car owner and the shop owners preference
    Yes,Meron big difference between paint brands especially on primers and clear coat, but you can't mix and match who's got the best primers,base and clear coat because they're not compatible.

Look for a painter who can spray without orange peel.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks ronald and 118 for your inputs! truly appreciate you comments!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronald_m View Post

Look for a painter who can spray without orange peel.
    not to be an ass, but you might want to re-phrase this statement so as not too confuse the original poster..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    i have plans din to do something about my cars paint. tanong lang possible ba na mag papaint lang ako ng clearcoat for the gloss

ok pa kc pintura my fades lang at wala na gloss. i can live with the faded/differently shaded paint. basta mejo glossy.

possible ba yan?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenThumb View Post
    not to be an ass, but you might want to re-phrase this statement so as not too confuse the original poster..
    You don't know what is orange peel?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Need opinions on Anzhal, Dupont & K-92