New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sirs,

I have 1 7-week old Alabaster Silver Honda Civic. I don't have a garage so the car is exposed to the Sun and rain. I wax the car every weekend using TW Hard Shell initially, then shifted to Simoniz Diamond Wax, got the Klasse Twins program from BB and currently using Megs #26 Hi-Tech Wax. In between washes, I use either Zymol Detail QD or Eagle One Spray & Wax QD. I use wash mitts, Microtex MFs for washing and drying. Latest buy is a Black & Decker blower to get most of the water off after carwash.

What can you recommend to properly maintain this color?

Thank you very much.

Peace!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    so far you're doing a good job with it, but you might want to consider a california car duster/s for everyday dusting and a well sized car cover yung breathable type if setting up a small tent exclusively for the car is impossible. welcome to tsikot btw

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    so far you're doing a good job with it, but you might want to consider a california car duster/s for everyday dusting and a well sized car cover yung breathable type if setting up a small tent exclusively for the car is impossible. welcome to tsikot btw
    Thank you Sir Helios for the advise.
    Yes, I do have a CCD from Hans and a car cover which came bundled with the car from the casa. I use the CCD before spraying the QD in between washes. And I put the car cover once the car is clean.

Other inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Peace.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    visit po the www.teamfd.com.ph site. members po dito mga owners the 8th gen civic where you can get tips on how to take care of your car, not just the paint.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bcg27 View Post
    visit po the www.teamfd.com.ph site. members po dito mga owners the 8th gen civic where you can get tips on how to take care of your car, not just the paint.
    Thanks so much sir!

Maintaining Silver colored cars