New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    hey guys, may question lang ako about lowering, 1st time ko kasi magbalak magpalower.. bale my car ngayon is ung latest accord pero di pa ung buttlifted.. nagpamags ako tapos ung tires ko 225/45.. gusto ko sana tanong kung kaya ang 1.5" drop.. ngayon kasi 4 finger gap sa harap, pero sa likod 3 finger gap lang nung gulong sa fender.. tanong ko lang kung kakayanin kaya? thanks mga bro

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by verm View Post
    hey guys, may question lang ako about lowering, 1st time ko kasi magbalak magpalower.. bale my car ngayon is ung latest accord pero di pa ung buttlifted.. nagpamags ako tapos ung tires ko 225/45.. gusto ko sana tanong kung kaya ang 1.5" drop.. ngayon kasi 4 finger gap sa harap, pero sa likod 3 finger gap lang nung gulong sa fender.. tanong ko lang kung kakayanin kaya? thanks mga bro
    yes, but you will have to find the correct set of springs to lower your Accord. But if you can't find a set that will lower your car to the desired results, the typical result is the rear hanging too low as compared to the front. A solution is to install "lifters" or spacers at the rear springs to lift it up 1/2 to 1 inch.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks ghosthunter.. someone is offering me eibach progressive springs for accord.. my worry is baka mag rub ung fender sa tire pag maraming sakay? anothing thing is, hindi ba masisira ung ride pag may lifter? or is it possible wag nalang install ung lowering springs sa likod?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by verm View Post
    thanks ghosthunter.. someone is offering me eibach progressive springs for accord..
    eibach gives good ride quality.

my worry is baka mag rub ung fender sa tire pag maraming sakay?
    thats a possibility if your tires are too wide. If the rubbing is minor, you can have your fender lip "rolled" to give you a few millimeters clearance. Alternative is to use a different offset wheels (if you haven't bought your wheels yet).

anothing thing is, hindi ba masisira ung ride pag may lifter?
    nope... I have lifters in the rear of my ride installed years ago. Only downside is you need to check if the rubber lifter hasn't cracked off after years of use & abuse on the road.

or is it possible wag nalang install ung lowering springs sa likod?
    Yes you can BUT the car's handling WILL be affected in a negative way. Its because the rear suspension will be softer than the front.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    is there any feedback on the maintenance of these lowering springs? would it last years? or do you have to change it or something like that?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bankai View Post
    is there any feedback on the maintenance of these lowering springs? would it last years? or do you have to change it or something like that?
    depende sa quality ng spring na binili mo. may mga brands na super bilis mag sag

H&R and other well known brands eh matibay and kung mag settle man eh kaunti lang.

yes they last for a long time and you dont need to change anything. 5 years cguro pwede mo na palitan kung sawa ka na.

as for my case yun altis ko dati lowered ng two years with H&R. very good naman. nothing changed from stance to the ride. the springs stayed the same

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lowering springs should last the life of the car.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    try to use Tanabe for your Accord. Or kung gusto mo mag adjustable coil over ka na lang

9. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks sa mga reply nyo mga bro.. maybe install nalang ako lifter nga sa likod pag mukang mag rrub pag maraming sakay

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    YUng Samin po dati ang baba nung harap tapos ang taas nung likod nung matulin po ung takbo ko tpos bigla preno umikot po ako thanks God na lang po dahil wala ako kasabay gamit ko po Honda Sir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
lowering question