New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Okay not that i hate the environment and all that tree hugger stuff...

You see, i parked under one and lo and behold... thousands of sap spots were on my hood and roof!!! :mad:

What to do... what to do???

Sensya na po mga detailing guru.

1. Clay bar ba katapat?

2. Do you 'roll' the clay on to the surface or just 'dab' it.

3. Do you need clay lubricant or will the soft99 clay do the job.

Again, my apoligies coz i read all the clay related threads and cant seem to find the info i need.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    PajeroKid: Normally pag bago pa yang tree saps (wala pa day old) pwede pa makaya ng Quick detailer + Microfiber. Subukan mo muna yun. Pag dumikit na, you may need clay. Best would be to wash the car first then clay.

You need to use lubricant with the clay. You can either use soapy (or car shampooey) water or QD. If you use soap and water, you need to rinse it off.

The right way is to Spray panel with QD or put on soapy watter, glide (parang wiping pero, no need to put pressure) the clay on the wet panel until the contaminant is removed then wipe (if QD) or rinse (if soapy water) and wipe.

Strech and remold you clay regularly pag dumudumi na yung surface.

btw, ingat sa clay. If it falls to the ground, di na paint safe yun.
    Last edited by patopig; August 22nd, 2005 at 11:12 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    naku, wag mong hayaan yang tree saps. they can eat into your clear coat. etchings galore.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for your reply Guys!!!

patopig: special thanks to you man! ;) This will be the first time im gonna use Clay hehe. Your reply was exactly what I needed to know!

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    PajeroKid: No problem. Dito lang din ako sa tsikot natuto magclay thanks to Masters Dehadista/ILD/BM/Theveed.

BTW, when you get your clay, cut it up to three parts. You would only need to use 1/3 at a time. Seal the other two in an airtight container.

You can find more info here:Autopia's guide to claying

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    easy and cheapest way to clean stubborn stain, bugs, sap, bird's pop i used laundry dry sheet(ex. bounce etc.) wet it and light rubbing, it will get soapy, don't worry of abrasion coz it won't then rinse it, tangal lahat yan, u can use it sa windshield too,

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    OT

patopig, nice cardomain pics but change ur cloth seat covers to at least leatherette covers ASAP sayang ung interior sa cloth seatcovers hehe

Claying would be the best solution, it there are etchings, bring it to a detailer and have them polish/compound the affected area. BTW use lots of soap when washing for added lubrication

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lufet nung sap nung puno na yon peeps. Hindi kinaya ng regular washing. Also, my paint scratches easily kaya ayoko puwersahin.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
i HATE trees!!!!