New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wow EX! :clap: GT-A sir?

sadyang ganun. di halata unless daanan ng kamay. pero may mga contaminants yan na pwedeng maka sira ng paint so dapat ma clay mo na. sabi kasi sa box, do claying every 6 months. pero minsan kung kailangan na talaga, kahit di naman sundin.

siguro black yung sayo? kasi NXT is for dark colored cars

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MX lang sir, hindi GT-A. Swerte ko nakabili pa ako ng MX bago maubos ang stocks (phased out na ata dahil hindi nabibili before ang GLS/GLX dahil konti lang price diff ng MX).

Saka hindi black, yung Platinum Beige sa akin, kaya mas lalong hindi halata ang dumi sa unang tingin.

As for reason for choosing NXT Wax, parang sa lighter colors ata hindi masyado kailangan ang mga carnauba dahil hindi naturally "deep" or "rich" ang kulay na ito compared sa black and red. At least since synthetic yung NXT, glossy sobra yung paint ko kahit light colored. Parang nakabalot ng plastic or nail polish, sabi nung officemates ko. Hehehe.

Sabi ng friends ko ipa-buffing ko daw, pero I think claying is much much safer.

Mothers ba sir ang ginagamit mong pang-clay?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    If its on the bottom part of the car, chances are its asphalt, you can remove it by using kerosene, but i won't leave it for 5 minutes, i usually just spray it and wait till the kerosene melts away the asphalt and then wipe it off and wash that part again to make sure there's no more kerosene left

If its on the sides and paint panels, chances are you're up for claybar already, i've tried Megs smooth surface claykit and Mother's claykit as well as a claybar i got from bigberts. Both Megs and Mothers are good kits usually Megs at 1400php and Mothers at 1295 php. Both Megs and Mothers are soft clays easily to knead and mold but i find them to be a bit runny when soaked with too much QD or if you're towards the last few panels, Big Berts claybar (700 i think-clay only) is a lot tougher, would really work you out just to knead and mold it. What i usually do is use Megs or Mothers, either would do to clean the general area and then use Big Berts to clean those tougher spots, usually the bottom part. All 3 clays really do a good job of removing particles but my Megs right now is really really soft and runny, Mothers still the same, Big berts still tough but the good thing is its also tough on removing particles.

claying first before trying to buff it out is definitely safer

if you are just starting i would recommend you go with Mothers clay kit if you want the extra clay, mothers has 2x 80 grams clay bars i think while Megs only has 2x 50 grams, but the good thing about Megs is that the MF cloth included in the kit is definitely bigger than mothers, really big difference, and Megs has an included kit for storing your clay which is good as i have to use a small lock N lock container for my mother's clay. so if you want more clay go for mothers if you want a really big MF cloth go for Megs

Hope this helps

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    may MF towel din na kasama ang New Mother's Clay Bar Kit.

IMO, better na bumili ka nalang ng MarkV CitraSolv asphalt remover. mas safe yan gamitin sa kerosene. kasi kahit less than 5 minutes mo inapply yung kerosene, makaka harm parin yan ng top coat ng paint mo.

eto yung new mother's clay bar kit:

syempre di halata dito kung na clay o hinde pero gusto ko lang sana i share yung last detail ko before humagupit si ondoy

ginawa ko: wash>clay>wash>mother's sealer and glaze>mother's carnauba wax

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *madkatz and Starex_Gold,

Thanks for all your advice.

Finally I got to clay the car, and I'm very happy with the results! Finally it's smoother than I could remember it ever was. I never clayed before, and now I'm a believer in claybar.

Inabot nga lang ako ng almost 2 hours. I know, I'm much slower than the experts, hehe. Anyway, inabot na ako ng past midnight, so hindi ko na muna na rewax. Pagdating ko bukas from work, NXT Wax ko kaagad.

May added protection kaya kahit paano ang Showtime Instant Detailer na ginamit kong pang-clay? Sana naman hindi masayang ang effort ko kapag nilabas ko ang kotse tomorrow for work. I suspect kasi na na-strip off na ang NXT Wax ko nung nag-clay ako, so for one whole day walang wax ang paint ko bukas. Ganun nga ba yun?

Btw, *Starex_Gold, ganda ng pagka-detail mo. I wish darker color na lang binili kong Lancer, para masarap gawing mirror finish. Yung effect kasi pag sa Beige ay parang binalot lang ng candy coating... very glossy finish pero di kasing "deep". Although simula nung na-clay ko, mas malinaw ang reflection.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Haha, i've clayed numerous times already and it still takes me about 1 1/2 hour to clay an SUV, Probably because i also form and shape the clay those get those hard to reach crevices.

As for the Showtime Instant Detailer, i don't think it could offer protection though, sad to say that, but in some ways it might help in cleaning your car again, i had a similar scenario one time when i was claying but didn't have enough time to get to step 1, so what i did was leave the car, get back to it the next day, used California Duster to remove dusts and boy was i impressed, the dusts just seems to glide off, i think the lubricating properties of the detailer was still there, i washed it again the next day and the dusts seem to just foat off even with just water, dried the car then applied a wax and sealant combo.

i think this would be your safest best, to wash it first and then wax it after.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Mga sir may naka-try na po ba sa inyo ng Turtle Wax ICE Clay kit?

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,4

Parang "liquid" clay daw sya so mas madali gamitin sa kotse.. any feedback?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    gwapster, share ko yung pag clay ko. ang ginagawa kong lubricant ay mix of water and car shampoo. di naman nasisira yung clay. kasi pag QD, magastos, mahal ang QD ah tapos after claying, i wash ko ulit yung car para maalis talaga yung mga dirts, small stones, at contaminants.

clay will REALLY STRIP OFF your wax bro. better wash mo ulit muna (kahit di mo na i shampoo) bago i wax kasi medyo maalikabok na yan. kasi dapat malinis talaga before waxing

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Thanks for all the advice, as usual.

The next day na-applyan ko rin agad ng NXT Techwax after re-washing. Ayun, kintab na. In fact it seems shinier than it ever was before. Sulit ang pagod ko sa pag-clay.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Wow..this kinda motivated me to buy that clay kit, well maybe in a few months..mahal eh
    Ang gaspang na rin kasi nung sa amin, halos kapareho na nung "Feel the difference" sa box ng clay kit ng mother's though maliliit pa lang na rough particles yung sa tsikot namin.. At siguro kaya hindi ganoon katagal tumatagal yung mother's step 3..

The key pala talaga is paint prepping to make the wax life long and mas makintab na kintab

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
HELP: Couldn't Remove Rough Stuff from my Paint