New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi detailing experts

I was unable to wash my car for more than 2 weeks, since the time when Ondoy was about to strike until today. Luckily I wasn't flooded during Ondoy, but when I was washing my car today, I noticed there's a lot of stubborn rough areas in the paint, as if a very sticky adhesive has just been lifted off the paint in some areas, especially upper portions of the car (hood, roof).

I already tried washing thoroughly with Meguiars NXT Car Wash, then re-applied some NXT Wax. I'm still disappointed at the results because the rough areas are still rough while the rest of the paint is already very slick. I even followed up the rough areas with Megs UQD, but nothing.

I suspect it was because of the rain water that stuck onto my paint and was never washed away for weeks, combined with the sticky humidity.

Will claying solve my problem? Or do I need to resort to polishes or some other treatments?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bring it to Big Bert`s or any detailing shop for Analysis regarding your paint issue what to be done . They know more about it and encounter it many times that problem.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Medyo ang daming nagpapa-detail ngayon sa mga shops (dahil ata sa Ondoy pa rin) kaya sana as much as possible I'd like to try what I can do by myself, with some advice from fellow tsikoteers, before I bring it to the pros.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    gaas lang katapat nyan bro, ilagay mo sa spray bottle then spray mo gaas, leave it mga 5mins, then punasan mo matatanggal yan pero wag mo sisindihan ha?hehehehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ang gaas, nakaka ubos ng clearcoat yan.

buy a Mother's Clay bar set.

includes 2 clays, QD and MF towel. just follow the instructions

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    ang gaas, nakaka ubos ng clearcoat yan.

buy a Mother's Clay bar set.

includes 2 clays, QD and MF towel. just follow the instructions
    I've been contemplating on this... gusto ko lang muna makasigurong this will solve my prob, kasi it's not a very cheap product.

Thanks for the tip.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gwapster View Post
    I've been contemplating on this... gusto ko lang muna makasigurong this will solve my prob, kasi it's not a very cheap product.

Thanks for the tip.
    no problem.

nung nag start yung rainy season, every 2 weeks akong nag clay ng car kasi talagang dumidikit ang mga dumi. basta wag mo masyado didiinan. light pressure lang bro. kasi baka mag cause yan ng heavy swirl marks

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    And I thought I would not need to clay my car this early (wala pang one year old ang kotse ko). Before this, it never got dirt this sticky. I never even had to shampoo the car before. Alaga kasi ito before sa Megs UQD twice a week, and then NXT 2.0 every month. Kaso nung pina-repair ko yung nakaskas na paint ng bumper ko, hindi ko nalinis ng matagal... ayun ang inabot.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    akin din naman eh. nung mag clay ako sa FD, 7 months old palang at yung Optra naman, 3 months newly painted palang.

di naman kasi namimili ng kakapitan ang dumi. kahit bago o luma.

anong ride mo sir?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Lancer EX. 6 months old pa lang. Buti na lang hindi naman halata yung nakadikit na dumi, unless padadaanan ng kamay.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
HELP: Couldn't Remove Rough Stuff from my Paint