New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Hope someone can help me,

I had my 1990 corollas engine washed and the moron washer ended up spraying some of the cleaning fluid (not sure if it was keronsene) onto the side body (the area between the hood and the tires)...

so now the cleaning fluid bleached the white color paint unevenly on the front area of the car so now my car paints looks ugly and uneven since the older paint is of a "darker" white due to age....

I tried soaping the area to even it out but it didnt help,

what should i do? is there a fluid that i can use to rub on to the whole car to "whiten" the body again?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    there's a Speccial cleaner 1gal from automagic 893-9071 (sa may mitsubishi pasong tamo ang office nila-where you can buy cleaner too Php 1,520 pricing yan ha)that you spray on diluted then just wipe off to make paint finish clean and shinny

ride ko puti rin and have been using it for over 2 years na maayos talaga

PERO may pa daw mag kakastock....

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    try mong pumunta sa detailing shop. they might be able to restore the original shine of your car. and tanong mo na rin sa kanila kung kaya nilang ipantay yung kulay ng oto mo

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    balik ka na lang kung saan ka nagpaengine wash. Overspray mo na buong car mo. Imagine, cleaning it at the price of an engine wash

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    my.. i can't find my earlier reply to this post.. hehehe

anyway, the degreaser / cleaner that was used was strong enough to do that damage to your paint. and the guy doing that was careless enough not to cover the panels / hood. halatang-halata pa naman on white.

anyway, got any pics?
    best case scenario: sana stain lang and clay, polishing / cleaner wax would take care of your problem.
    worst case scenario: degreaser might have eaten through the paint. yikes.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since sure ka na kerosene... Simple lang dude, buy some more... soak a rag and rub the paint area gently until nageven out sya. Then re-wash with stronger soap dilution, then use a cleaner wax... Don't worry about it... nangyari dyan is that the kerosene (or degreaser) took off the surface dirt of your paint, kaya yung natuluan malinis, yung paligid hindi.

I doubt if the degreaser has eaten through the paint unless acid based ang gamit.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe having your car detailed would be a better solution... calling Big Berts!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better solution, yes, but since minor issue lang yung kay obiwan, mas makakamenos sya sa solution na pinost ko... Hehe.

wash your car and apply cleaner wax preferably by machine or pa detail mo na lang sa professional, I don't think your paint was damaged.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i agree. damaged paint is often characterized by a 'cracking' or oxidized surface.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Had engine wash now my White paint is uneven