New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Since sure ka na kerosene... Simple lang dude, buy some more... soak a rag and rub the paint area gently until nageven out sya. Then re-wash with stronger soap dilution, then use a cleaner wax... Don't worry about it... nangyari dyan is that the kerosene (or degreaser) took off the surface dirt of your paint, kaya yung natuluan malinis, yung paligid hindi.

I doubt if the degreaser has eaten through the paint unless acid based ang gamit.

Tama to. Nangyari na din sa akin yun.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Since sure ka na kerosene... Simple lang dude, buy some more... soak a rag and rub the paint area gently until nageven out sya. Then re-wash with stronger soap dilution, then use a cleaner wax... Don't worry about it... nangyari dyan is that the kerosene (or degreaser) took off the surface dirt of your paint, kaya yung natuluan malinis, yung paligid hindi.

I doubt if the degreaser has eaten through the paint unless acid based ang gamit.
    Thank you to all those who gave their helpful advice...

Theveed - yes i think it is just surface dirt that was removed...i guess my white car was dirtier than i thought...hehehe

Just a few more questions...

1. is cleaner wax the same as your average bottle of turtle wax? or is there really a specific type called "cleaner" wax....

2. will this "cleaner" wax take out the surface dirt (grime) the same way some kerosene on a wet cloth would?

Thanks!!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    best solution bring your car to bigberts para expert ang mag restore

ayus ba...... discout ko pag pasyal ko ....
    Last edited by x-wind; February 15th, 2006 at 04:04 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    obiwan: its all in the detailing thread. just type cleaner wax in the search box.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, good ol green turtle will do just fine... but it might not be strong enough to clean the paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Had engine wash now my White paint is uneven