New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Invest on the clear Deflector plates (1.6k/pair). Don't go for the el cheapo clear acrylic covers (~600). Looks a whole lot nicer and has a sturdy construction.

Buying my Deflector plates is one of the few times I opted not to scrimp. (King Kunat kasi ako, hehehe). Yung clear acrylic cover ko kasi as Accord nagku-kulay talong na after less than 2 years. Madaling matanggal din yung plastic pin screws, kaya IMO, it's a waste of money

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    nung lumabas ang acrylic mas naging IN ito. 300 lang sa Aguila the last time i inquire. go for acrylic or deflector kung willing mag add. matalas pag nabasag ang glass bukod sa mabigat.
    Yup, glass plate covers are heavy, and affect your fuel consumption.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by new-driver View Post
    thanks to all replies. no comments on glass plates?

P500 yata ito sa lacars.
    I use (clear) glass plate-covers. Get the ones that are made my Republic Asahi or simply look for the RAGC name at the lower end of the glass.

They are strong, I think they are tempered. Had mine for years. Always looks neat since you can remove the stains easily and it does not fade like the Deflector brand.

Share ko lang

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Invest on the clear Deflector plates (1.6k/pair). Don't go for the el cheapo clear acrylic covers (~600). Looks a whole lot nicer and has a sturdy construction.

Buying my Deflector plates is one of the few times I opted not to scrimp. (King Kunat kasi ako, hehehe). Yung clear acrylic cover ko kasi as Accord nagku-kulay talong na after less than 2 years. Madaling matanggal din yung plastic pin screws, kaya IMO, it's a waste of money
    San nakakabili ng clear deflector plate cover worth 1.6K? My glass plate cover was hit by a piece of tire in NLEX, it shattered and sent shards of debris on my bumper. Ayun parang may scar sa pimple yung bumper, pero oks na sya ngayon need ko na bumili ng ipapalit na plate cover

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by siacojin View Post
    San nakakabili ng clear deflector plate cover worth 1.6K? My glass plate cover was hit by a piece of tire in NLEX, it shattered and sent shards of debris on my bumper. Ayun parang may scar sa pimple yung bumper, pero oks na sya ngayon need ko na bumili ng ipapalit na plate cover
    delikado talaga glass. sa banawe around 1.1K+ lang deflector brand di nalalayo sa mga DIY shops like ACE, Blade and others. ingat sa mga fake dapat yung di dumidikit sa magnet para sure na stainless steel.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, glass plate covers are heavy, and affect your fuel consumption.
    I...well....don't understand.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    I...well....don't understand.
    Two words: extra weight. Acrylic covers are lighter, or better yet, just chuck the covers altogether and let your plates run free. One less excuse for corrupt enforcers to flag you down and cite you for a violation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
glass plates vs ??