New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jdm86 View Post
    What is your drying method? What method do you prefer? And do you have some drying tips to share to the community?

For me, I still use the traditional chamois though I am planning to use microfiber drying towel if I ever find one.
    I use a powerful 600W leaf blower and a plush MF towel I bought from Lazada. First, I pat dry the whole car with the towel to absorb as much water as possible. Then, I use the blower while patting it dry with the towel (folded into a square). This way, it dries a lot faster rather than using the blower alone.

I never wipe as I know it will cause the dreaded swirls! Lol! The advantage of the leaf blower is that it can push out all the trapped water from the car's tight corners and gaps. The disadvantage is that is too high pitched noisy. I have to use a protective ear muff to muzzle the noise.

Where I bought the product:

Leaf Blower:

Lotus LPB6 6W Air Blower (Black) | Lazada PH

Plush MF towel:

AutoShine Car Care Wax Polishing Detailing Towels Car Washing Drying Towel Super Thick Plush Microfiber Car Cleaning Cloth Grey - intl | Lazada PH

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    squeegee sa glass, blower then several mf.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    I use a powerful 600W leaf blower and a plush MF towel I bought from Lazada. First, I pat dry the whole car with the towel to absorb as much water as possible. Then, I use the blower while patting it dry with the towel (folded into a square). This way, it dries a lot faster rather than using the blower alone.

I never wipe as I know it will cause the dreaded swirls! Lol! The advantage of the leaf blower is that it can push out all the trapped water from the car's tight corners and gaps. The disadvantage is that is too high pitched noisy. I have to use a protective ear muff to muzzle the noise.

Where I bought the product:

Leaf Blower:

Lotus LPB6 6W Air Blower (Black) | Lazada PH

Plush MF towel:

AutoShine Car Care Wax Polishing Detailing Towels Car Washing Drying Towel Super Thick Plush Microfiber Car Cleaning Cloth Grey - intl | Lazada PH

Basically we use the same method, different brand/make material.

Bosch blower/vacuum, I bought in Oman when I'm still working there.

Microtex Elite Large drying towel (60cm X 90 cm) bought from True Value

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Water drying method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Water drying method.

I think it's difficult to achieve the water drying method. Some parts are left with water droplets so I still have to use towel or perhaps I just don't know the technique.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I think it's difficult to achieve the water drying method. Some parts are left with water droplets so I still have to use towel or perhaps I just don't know the technique.
    Meron talaga maiiwan pero minimal na lang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I used to water dry my car. But, I got lazy and I just went straight ahead with the pat drying/leaf blower method. lol

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Basically we use the same method, different brand/make material.

Bosch blower/vacuum, I bought in Oman when I'm still working there.

Microtex Elite Large drying towel (60cm X 90 cm) bought from True Value
    I washed my car yesterday and used this Microtex Elite which I bought also from True Value. Absorbs well when pat drying and covers a much bigger area than my previous towels.

Thanks for the tip.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brushless View Post
    I washed my car yesterday and used this Microtex Elite which I bought also from True Value. Absorbs well when pat drying and covers a much bigger area than my previous towels.

Thanks for the tip.
    I use turtle wax and dry spray wax. Easy to dry using member's choice towel..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234