New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I'm gonna diy engine detailing my car engines. I'm gonna use an engine degreaser, a low pressure washer, and engine detailer to shine up the engine like new

my question is do I have to remove the battery connection or remove the entire battery na lang to be safe. or follow those youtube how to's like covering electrical connectors. other than the air intake, alternator, and spark plug connectors, and pa ba dapat i-cover ng plastic?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    It depends on you and depends on your engine bay, i.e. what parts are exposed.

With mine, I did not disconnect the battery. I used small towels to cover the battery terminals and fuse box.

I used water bottle spray for wetting and rinsing the engine. I have total control on what parts get wet.

I used Meg's Engine Degreaser and Meg's Engine Dressing.

If you don't have these, you can use All Purpose Cleaner as grease remover, Trim Detailer and Protectant for dressing.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    remove mo lang ung negative dun sa battery terminal.saka mo balutan ng plastic ung mga maseselang wiring na pwedeng pasukan ng tubig .alternator balutan mo din ng plastic bag.basta lahat ng maselang part na hindi dapat mabasa.dapat balutan..ganyan gawain ko sa tsikot ko dati.pero ngayon tira nalang ng tira.kasi diesel engine na .mas kaunti kasi ang dapat iwasan..

mas maganda TS sikapin mo maka bili ng air compressor..mura lang ung 1/4 Hp kuha ko 5k lang.parta after na mag wash ka buga ka lang ng buga ng hangin para matitik ung mga naiwang tubig..

tide ultra powder lang gamit ko.grease remover
    Last edited by jaypee10; June 22nd, 2016 at 03:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    It depends on you and depends on your engine bay, i.e. what parts are exposed.

With mine, I did not disconnect the battery. I used small towels to cover the battery terminals and fuse box.

I used water bottle spray for wetting and rinsing the engine. I have total control on what parts get wet.

I used Meg's Engine Degreaser and Meg's Engine Dressing.

If you don't have these, you can use All Purpose Cleaner as grease remover, Trim Detailer and Protectant for dressing.

which brands are you using for all purpose cleaner, trim detailer and protectant. and where can I buy na din ? btw, where do you buy you Meg's degreaser and dressing. dun ba sa kamias?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    remove mo lang ung negative dun sa battery terminal.saka mo balutan ng plastic ung mga maseselang wiring na pwedeng pasukan ng tubig .alternator balutan mo din ng plastic bag.basta lahat ng maselang part na hindi dapat mabasa.dapat balutan..ganyan gawain ko sa tsikot ko dati.pero ngayon tira nalang ng tira.kasi diesel engine na .mas kaunti kasi ang dapat iwasan..

mas maganda TS sikapin mo maka bili ng air compressor..mura lang ung 1/4 Hp kuha ko 5k lang.parta after na mag wash ka buga ka lang ng buga ng hangin para matitik ung mga naiwang tubig..

tide ultra powder lang gamit ko.grease remover
    tide ultra power degreaser? so this is available in supermarkets? btw, you mentioned diesel, I am also going to engine detail car, so no need to cover anything there like alternators or how about the battery, do I need to still remove it

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    tide ultra power degreaser? so this is available in supermarkets? btw, you mentioned diesel, I am also going to engine detail car, so no need to cover anything there like alternators or how about the battery, do I need to still remove it
    kailangan parin po lagyan ng cover ung mga maselang wiring.sa diesel po kasi wala ng distributor saka mga spark plug kaya kaunti lang dapat takpan.ung negative terminal lang po ang tatanggalin pwede na..tide ultra powder.tunawin lang sa tubig .saka yan ng gamitin .kuha ng lumang toothbrush.or paint brush.ok na.mas lilitaw pa ang kaputian ng makina mo especialy mga sync.basta hugasan lang mabuti.kung hindi makuha sa isang sabunan.ulitin mo lang...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Removing the car's negative is always safe...

But honestly, I've cleaned my car's engine without removing the battery (if the battery is removed for too long, it will reset the ECU/stereo/clock etc)

What I did was just cover the poles of the battery and the computer box. (for diesel... except the Tamaraw FX, I don't even cover anything)

- don't blame me if something goes wrong! -

Engine cables can surive splashes of water so just be careful in pointing your hose... (I used a pressurized car wash )

Important notes... Let your engine dry before starting it...
    If you really need to start it (immediately) it may not run smoothly at the start but the engine should start running properly when it's hot enough for the water to evaporate...