New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 252 of 254 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2535
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    paint thickness gauge. next route is paint correction by pros. light med hard?

what was the last layer on them honda and mazda?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Ano po ang pagkakaiba ng compound, at polish?

Sent from my SM-J700H using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Compound has abrasives. Polishes have little to no abrasives.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have tried to use collinite 845 on my white ranger but after several rainfalls mejo nawala/manipis na ang coat. Feel ko lang kasi almost wala nang beading and may squeeky sound na if you touch the surface. Im wondering if i may have missed a step. Im quite new to this parin nag eexperiment pa ako Detailing Thread [For Newbies][continued 3]

Carwash > claybar > 845.

Just yesterday i saw na marami na palang hardened asphalt sa lower belt ng car. I used wd40 to remove then spot clay nalang. Wash ulit using degreaser soap. Ngayon babalikan ko itry ko uli mag wax. But with an additional IPA wipe before mag wax. Eto yata na miss ko the first time. Actually tapos ko na ang hood front fender and roof (wash - ipa wipe - wax) ngayon balikan ko naman yung doors.

I dont have a sealant pa. Ano ba recommended ngayon? Para lagyan ko na ng sealant the next time i strip off ko na yung wax.

Sent from my JEF-NX9 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Ok kaya ang ganito? Wala akong polisher but I do have a small cordless screwdriver/drill so I might as well put it to use.

Parang andami nga lang ng pads...

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Ok kaya ang ganito? Wala akong polisher but I do have a small cordless screwdriver/drill so I might as well put it to use.

Parang andami nga lang ng pads...

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk
    Kung pang apply lang ng wax pwede, kaso di efficient yan specially sa compound/polishing.

Much better if drill, pero iba parin pag Rotary/DA.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I just bought a "cheap" dual action polisher, Northwolf. It's cheap compared to other brands like Torq and ShineMate with a price range starting from 12,000 Pesos.

https://shopee.ph/product/44433503/4...8-1620828900.9

After cleaning the car, I decided to put masking tape around the headlights and taillights, as I am not too confident to use this polisher, and it's my first time so it's better to be safe than sorry.

I used Microtex products.

For step one, I used the blue pad. The car has lots of scratches, courtesy of my father's driver, carwash boys, and cats. I'm planning to visit him this weekend so I better make sure that my car is clean.
    Detailing Thread [For Newbies][continued 3]

I set the speed of the polisher at its minimum, 2000 RPM. The instructions from Microtex says 1500 but I have concluded that the additional 500 RPM should be safe. I don't have much choice, so it should be safe!

The polisher is easy to use, no "kick backs". It's a bit heavy, about two kilograms but still easy to use. Considering that it's my first time doing this, I can say that it's a big surprise on how effortlessly I was able to get the hang of it. In fact, I became confident that I started polishing the "eyelids" of the headlights which I planned on doing it by hand.

Here is the result for step one, the scratches are now "hidden". It is still there but barely visible.

I am satisfied with the Northwolf polisher and with Microtex. I'll continue tomorrow and hopefully, I can finish it through step three, or at least, until step two.

Just a note, there's no substitute for a professional. If you are willing to take the risk, then prepare everything and that includes your wallet.

In my case, I am about to have the hood repainted and everything else that has visible scratches. I can no longer stand seeing the "white sands".

I'd like to add that the seller is very kind to entertain all my questions.

Happy detailing!

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I just bought a "cheap" dual action polisher, Northwolf. It's cheap compared to other brands like Torq and ShineMate with a price range starting from 12,000 Pesos.

https://shopee.ph/product/44433503/4...8-1620828900.9

After cleaning the car, I decided to put masking tape around the headlights and taillights, as I am not too confident to use this polisher, and it's my first time so it's better to be safe than sorry.

I used Microtex products.

For step one, I used the blue pad. The car has lots of scratches, courtesy of my father's driver, carwash boys, and cats. I'm planning to visit him this weekend so I better make sure that my car is clean.

I set the speed of the polisher at its minimum, 2000 RPM. The instructions from Microtex says 1500 but I have concluded that the additional 500 RPM should be safe. I don't have much choice, so it should be safe!

The polisher is easy to use, no "kick backs". It's a bit heavy, about two kilograms but still easy to use. Considering that it's my first time doing this, I can say that it's a big surprise on how effortlessly I was able to get the hang of it. In fact, I became confident that I started polishing the "eyelids" of the headlights which I planned on doing it by hand.

Here is the result for step one, the scratches are now "hidden". It is still there but barely visible.

I am satisfied with the Northwolf polisher and with Microtex. I'll continue tomorrow and hopefully, I can finish it through step three, or at least, until step two.

Just a note, there's no substitute for a professional. If you are willing to take the risk, then prepare everything and that includes your wallet.

In my case, I am about to have the hood repainted and everything else that has visible scratches. I can no longer stand seeing the "white sands".

I'd like to add that the seller is very kind to entertain all my questions.

Happy detailing!
    nakuh bro may napanood ako na malakas din bumawas ng clearcoat ang DA vs rotary hehehe

What Will BURN THROUGH First? (Dual Action, Rotary or Forced-Action) | DETAIL MYTHS DEBUNKED - YouTube

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    nakuh bro may napanood ako na malakas din bumawas ng clearcoat ang DA vs rotary hehehe

What Will BURN THROUGH First? (Dual Action, Rotary or Forced-Action) | DETAIL MYTHS DEBUNKED - YouTube

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I didn't know that! I thought a dual action polisher is safer to use.

And just now after taking my lunch, one of the cats "sprayed" on my work! These cats know how to annoy me. There are lots of claw marks I just discovered as I was cleaning the car. Well, part of ownership.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Peeps, ano gamit nyo pang linis ng dumi/libag around the gas tank cover? di maalis ng car shampoo...

Thank you.