New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    IMO you can get the same result with proper detailing techniques and using the right tools. But then if it works for you then good :D.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    interesting...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I did apply QD right after i wipe off a part. It does dry up the surface kaya kailangan i-moisturize kaagad with sealant or glaze. Mas makintad pa sana yan if i have a polisher but wala e. Tsaka pag pinahiran ko konting punas lang. There's a spot na natuluan and mas maputi pa yun part na yun so don't let the degreaser dry on your paint.

Pareho pala yun effect when i used Tar remover before pero mas madali gawin ito. Parang ineerase mo lang yun dumi sa pintura.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro, a sealant doesn't moisturize a car's paint.

while I do applaud your resourcefulness, yes, using a diluted APC will strip the car of all of its dirt, grime but also the protective wax and oils. Often times, a QD wouldn't suffice.

you mentioned slapping on wax afterwards. I hope you used something like a cleaner wax or even Megs Gold Class because these are something that would contain even just a minute amount of polish that would restore the oil that was removed from the paint. (that's why I mentioned in an earlier post that a good thing to do is to rub in a pure polish afterwards)

anyway, hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I guess moisturize is the wrong word. More like bringing the shine back. Yun QD kasi parang oily e so that's what i used after. Hirap kasi tangalin nung wax kaya di ko na ginawa. Although the haze can be easily removed with a wet MF towel. Anu brand meron yun pure polish?

please visit the Detailing Thread

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Here's the finish product. This was without claying, waxing, and I didn't use a polisher. The degreaser was P100 and the QD was the blue Zymol which is also P100. I used one P30 make up sponge and a P15 towel. So all in all mga P250 lang nagastos ko and 2:30hours of labor. This is a 10 year old paint. If you want to the convential way of getting a mirror finish then go ahead and visit the detailing thread.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hmmm...pwede...250 for that shine...not bad for a 10 year old white paint.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Degreaser Test