New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Does anyone know if these clear bra/clear film paint protection wraps are any good? I'm currently having my car repainted at the casa to restore it to original condition and I'm thinking of having a clear wrap applied right after the paint job is done. Sayang naman since mahal rin yung repaint, only for it to suffer those unavoidable minor damage after a few months.

I have a few concerns about the clear wrap:
    1) It doesn't seem to be popular here. Is it because it costs as much as a wash over? Or does it have something to do with its maintenance?
    2) Speaking of maintenance, does it have to be treated any differently from paint? It is a film after all.
    3) Does the clear film maintain its gloss and clarity over the course of 2 or more years?
    4) Are there any significant differences between clear wrap brands? Ideally I would like one with the best protection.
    5) Which shops offer this service best?

Any useful input will be appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Does anyone know if these clear bra/clear film paint protection wraps are any good? I'm currently having my car repainted at the casa to restore it to original condition and I'm thinking of having a clear wrap applied right after the paint job is done. Sayang naman since mahal rin yung repaint, only for it to suffer those unavoidable minor damage after a few months.

I have a few concerns about the clear wrap:
    1) It doesn't seem to be popular here. Is it because it costs as much as a wash over? Or does it have something to do with its maintenance?
    2) Speaking of maintenance, does it have to be treated any differently from paint? It is a film after all.
    3) Does the clear film maintain its gloss and clarity over the course of 2 or more years?
    4) Are there any significant differences between clear wrap brands? Ideally I would like one with the best protection.
    5) Which shops offer this service best?

Any useful input will be appreciated.
    1. Too expensive for the common tsikoteer, prior PPF you should opt for detailing to remove any imperfections(added cost).
    2. It is heavy duty 8mil firlms some are 12mil. I'm using 3m
    3. Yes, mine has endured 75k of abuse. 5Yr warranty on most. some are longer now.
    4. Yes, some discolor-yellow. Most important is how its installed. If the installer is your average joe. you won't be happy. If they specialize(ie computerized cutters) and have dust free environments, maybe you'll be eternally happy.
    5. XPEL Philippines, Suntek is also good but not sure if available there.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    3. Yes, mine has endured 75k of abuse. 5Yr warranty on most. some are longer now.
    75K km of use? Sulit na sulit na yan. I don't mind if it's expensive as long as it'll last a long time. The main reason I want film instead of the usual CQuartz or Opticoat is because it's much thicker and more resistant. Also less maintenance as those coatings need to be reapplied every few months. I don't mind having to reapply film if it's just once every 3 or 4 years.

As for prices, how much would a clear film application cost for a compact CUV? Like the 3M on yours. I've scoured for Philippine pricing and I haven't found any estimates.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maybe better to wait a month before applying anything over the new paint to let it cure properly.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    75K km of use? Sulit na sulit na yan. I don't mind if it's expensive as long as it'll last a long time. The main reason I want film instead of the usual CQuartz or Opticoat is because it's much thicker and more resistant. Also less maintenance as those coatings need to be reapplied every few months. I don't mind having to reapply film if it's just once every 3 or 4 years.

As for prices, how much would a clear film application cost for a compact CUV? Like the 3M on yours. I've scoured for Philippine pricing and I haven't found any estimates.
    10yrs bro kaya ng mga films lalo na sa pilipinas.

I got front protection only. I do 5000-10000km per month kaya i got the front protection only. I paid around 25k equivalent sa Pilipinas.

I wont do ppf for my next vehicle. I would rather get opti-coat pro plus.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013

I got front protection only. I do 5000-10000km per month kaya i got the front protection only. I paid around 25k equivalent sa Pilipinas.

Ah. You must be in another country if you're doing that kind of mileage per month.

I already got a quote for a full body clear film. P35K for my Soul. They use Xfilm na imported from Germany raw. Problem is I couldn't find much info about this film brand except that it's relatively cheap per square foot. Less than 15 Php per square foot.

Does anyone know if that price of P35K is good or does another shop offer the same or better price with a better brand of film? Dubious lang kasi ako sa Xfilm na yan since 6 months lang warranty nila.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013

Ah. You must be in another country if you're doing that kind of mileage per month.

I already got a quote for a full body clear film. P35K for my Soul. They use Xfilm na imported from Germany raw. Problem is I couldn't find much info about this film brand except that it's relatively cheap per square foot. Less than 15 Php per square foot.

Does anyone know if that price of P35K is good or does another shop offer the same or better price with a better brand of film? Dubious lang kasi ako sa Xfilm na yan since 6 months lang warranty nila.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

Dubious is the right word hahaha.

I know PPF(full protection) + windshield protection costs 6 figures (peso).

Foilacarmanila on fb
    xpel ph on fb
    clearplex on fb
    Last edited by StockEngine; October 15th, 2015 at 11:46 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last edited by StockEngine; October 15th, 2015 at 11:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Dubious is the right word hahaha.

I know PPF(full protection) + windshield protection costs 6 figures (peso).

Foilacarmanila on fb
    xpel ph on fb
    clearplex on fb
    Yes, the type of film used and the warranty is dubious indeed. The shop I quoted even admitted that discoloration to yellow is normal. I was actually expecting the clear film here in the Philippines to be cheaper, around P50K or so for a decent film, although not necessarily the high-end ones like 3M Scotchgard. However, I already contacted most of the shops and they do go over P100K for high-end materials. If using cheaper film, much cheaper, but the warranty is shorter as well.

Baka balik typical sealant protection nalang ako. Less than P10K a year pa gastos although protection won't be as good as a film. Hay. Choices, choices.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Clear bra/clear film for paint protection