New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Some insurance companies abroad charge higher premiums for colors they deem more accident prone. Red (kahit anong brand) will bring higher premiums than a silver car of the same make and model.

Pinaka safe ay yellow. Hindi ka talagang mababangga ng ibang tao nyan. Baka nga lang mapagkamalan kang taxi.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by kedeka
    Choosing a Car Color? This One Is Safest

If you're in the market for a new car, choose one that is silver. Why? Silver cars are involved in far fewer crashes than cars of other colors.

According to a study by researchers at the University of Auckland in New Zealand that assessed the effect of car colors on the risk of serious injury in over 1,000 Auckland drivers between 1998-99, silver cars were 50 percent less likely to be involved in a crash resulting in a serious injury when compared with white cars.

Reuters reports that the least safe car colors are brown, black, and green. The risk factor for white, yellow, gray, red, and blue cars is in the middle range and about the same for each. Globally, about 3,000 people die every day in a car crash.

About half the drivers in this study had been involved in a crash in which one or more of the occupants had been admitted to the hospital or died, while 571 were not involved in crashes and served as a control group, reports Reuters. Even after taking into account the vehicle and road conditions, driver's age, gender, and educational level, as well as whether the driver had been using drugs or alcohol and had worn a seatbelt, the color of the car still had an impact on the likelihood of a crash.

Why? The researchers have no idea, but they speculate that silver, a light color that is highly reflective, may make cars more visible on the highway. "Increasing the proportion of silver cars could be an effective passive strategy to reduce the burden of injury from car crashes," lead study author Sue Furness told Reuters.

Silver was also the most popular car color in the United States, Europe, and Asia last year, according to the most recent DuPont Global Color Popularity.

The study findings were published in the British Medical Journal.

Well, I should agree that light colored cars would be the safest (I'm talking about 'safe' in terms of paint job). Because most likely, light scratches doesn't appear too bad in light colored paints (such as silver!). Unlike those darker shade paints. Also, I don't there is a 'safe' color, kung yung mga nasa paligid mo hindi rin maingat o di kaya naman, ikaw mismo walang ingat sa katawan.

May I ask some question, meron ba tayong editorial dito hehehehe!

mazdamazda, anong stickers yun? pwede b ako makahingi din? hehehehehe!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree, kaya silver ulit yung previa

i'm on the road most of the day every day. sometimes when driving on curved highways lined up with trees, mahirap makita mga colors na black and green and dark blue. also kapag medyo gabi na, yung wala ng araw pero medyo maliwanag pa, hirap din makita ang mga ganitong kulay, tapos ayaw pang magbukas ng park lights man lang.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Tingnan mo nga naman.... nahahalata na katandaan ko. Nung kabataan ko kasi, dilaw ang taxi.

What I wanted to say was, kapag dilaw ang kotse mo, mapapagkamalan kang BUMBERO.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    safest colors are white, silver(satin and cashmere), and gray
    kasi di pa ko nababangga hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    white naman sa akin..then 2nd lng ang silver (pero mas type ko silver ng Audi TT).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Silver ang most popular sa US given that they are most deterrent from Laser/Radar guns. hindi rin sila takaw-tingin from cops specially on a highway.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my guess is that the color least owned by stupid people is the safest color

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    my guess is that the color least owned by stupid people is the safest color
    it's white, in that case hehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Karding
    Silver ang most popular sa US given that they are most deterrent from Laser/Radar guns. hindi rin sila takaw-tingin from cops specially on a highway.
    nice info bro... :worried:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Which car color is  safest?