New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Vios, City, Jazz seem to be better choices... their resale value and features are quite good.

Regarding tires, I'd suggest stay with the stock tires for a while, it is better for the ride and suspension of the car. But that's just me...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the XL seems to have more interior space than the Vios.

kung me magbibigay sa kin ng XL, buong puso kong tatanggapin -- pwera na lang kung puri ko ang kapalit(pwede pa kamong tawaran B).

taxi companies chose toyota -- and the XL -- for good reasons:

1. walang problema sa parts
    2. matipid sa gas
    3. tried and tested toyota reliability
    4. simple engine layout and design(okay, it's old!)

...all these equates to low maintenance costs. and, think of it this way: since it's a "cheap" car, di ka masyadong manghihinayang pag nagasgasan or na dent ng konti B).

cguro ung only drawback to the XL is the lack of safety features, i.e. airbags(hmmm, pwedeng bargaining point yan ah ;).

imho, what *should* matter more is how you drive, not what you drive B).

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    195/50/R15 would be a perfect fit, totally compensated ang stock tire mo in terms or revolutions, so hindi apektado ang efficiency & power. hindi sya masyadong malapad, pantay lang sa fender, so walang dirts & mud na didikit sa lower body nya.

kaya it teaches humility....parang ito pumalit sa kia pride, being a simple and practical car the surely would get you from point A to point B.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    but if they insist on getting you the corolla, change the rims to 15 or 16 inch then try to get the euro lights and extended bumpers if possible.
    sounds good. those extended bumpers (making it look somewhat similar to the evo) is somethin i've been thinkin about getting. price range?

Even at 16', you might face the problem that sumasayad ang gulong if you set 4 people or more. Sorry but that gap in between your tire and wheel well is there for a good reason.
    ah, i see, i see. i'll take a good look at the 16s, but coz of this advice then i'll most probably take the 15s. altho we got a 03 honda crv sometimes my family likes to cramp A LOT of people into a car

thing is the 15s looks so.....soft. sayang kasi ang liit. is there any way to install 17s on it? by extending the height or somethin...

my pops was also saying that since the XL has a smaller body, mas madali sumingit...i dont know exactly the difference in body size but he does hold a good point.

student ka pa?
    yep! second year student at ateneo =)

parang ito pumalit sa kia pride, being a simple and practical car the surely would get you from point A to point B.
    masakit yun...! kia pride lang ang katapat ng XL? it took a while to accept that the XL is merely a taxi vehicle, LOL...

its ok tho. i'll try to discuss with my parents tomorrow. kasi they want to get the XL na nga. but if for some reason they dont want to, the vios is also a choice...BUT if they're getting a vios, they go by the logic that they might as well by a 1.5 altis.

the problem is the price difference between the XL and the altis is 200k, money that could be well used in customizing the car. i honestly dont mind driving the XL kung mapapapogi naman sya ng husto.

the question is, mapapapogi ba sya to the point that getting the XL over an altis would be worth it? kasi lahat ng points ni badkuk are the very exact same reasons why they prefer the XL.

thx so much everybody for all ur help so far!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    convert it to euro version.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    how?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa altis ka na... matipid naman sa gas ung altis.

altis averages around 9-10kms/li on normal driving, not sure about the xl... could be the same, can anyone here verify?

my pops was also saying that since the XL has a smaller body, mas madali sumingit...i dont know exactly the difference in body size but he does hold a good point.
    compared to the vios? or altis? IMO not by much it won't be a big factor navigating in and out of traffic, better get a EFI engine, you'll get more fuel savings in the long run.

ko dont mind driving a kia pride..un lang nababastos sa kalye..lagi akong gingitgit nga mababagal,lalo na ng ricers...

anywayz,ateneo ka pala,e...why not nga vios,pre?iba ang efficiency ng EFI compared to carburated engines...lalo na ung variable timing ng toyota..its not the aquisition cost is the worth but ung maintenance/aftersales...for me lang ha,simple modifications are more pleasing than a glamorous one...on black.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
buying a brand new toyota corolla XL