New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    according to toyota commonwealth's pricelist halos pareho price ng corolla XL and yung vios 1.3J. imo best buy na yung vios 1.3J great looks + fuel efficient.

http://www.tcmi.com.ph/
    Be careful about that pricelist at Toyota Commonwealth's site.It has a virus payload - Redlof.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Seriously, encourage and convince your folks to get the base Vios 1.3 over the Corolla XL:
    - The Vios has the same size as the Corolla but more interior space
    - The Vios looks better even if you dont dress it up.
    - The Vios has a 1.3L engine, same displacement as the Corolla but with EFI (and its a much newer design... the Corolla engine has been around since the mid 1980's)
    - We used to have a 1.3L Corolla LE (1999 model AE111) and it's fuel consumption wasnt really that outstanding IMO... not much different from our 1600 car in the day to day grind. The taxis get good consumption with it only if they make "sakal" the fuel system... not good on the performance and even safety side (mabibitin ka sa arangkada).
    - The Corolla 1.3L engine is prone to detonation or "tope".

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VVTi pa yung vios!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    thanks to everybody who replied and gave feedback. sorry i been away for a while school took up a lot of my time.

well, everybody who suggested to get the Vios over the XL, its too late. my dad went on ahead and bought the car. they got my approval anyway. the XL doesnt look bad at all, imho. and we didnt get the white one, thank God

anyway, i gave it a test drive around the village today. its ok. its exactly like my old car (95 lancer EL) except its new therefore it drives better. less kinks. its not as bad. and its power steering, contrary to what most people said. sayang nga lang hindi na lalaki biceps ko hahaha.

but yeah...we're goin to drive it around the village for a while to break it in, then take it out like after 3 weeks (wala pa kasing registration saka plate number).

anyway, thank you to everybody who came in here and gave suggestions! sorry parang nasayang din yung mga sinulat nyo...im happy with the car tho and can't wait to play around with it!

Congrats with your new ride! Don't worry thats why we have a forum, to share ideas and help out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
buying a brand new toyota corolla XL