New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    This just me. No need to buy all those stuff. Just wash it with water regularly, and it will still look shiny after 10 years. Yung obsession to keep your car looking always brand new car, lilipas din yan after a few months.

I bet that 90% of all those waxes and stuff for a brand new car are mostly sitting in their garages 80% consumed and already expired. Just like the cosmetics drawer of most ladies.
    Guilty of this one too, I had the urge to really have a slick and shiny ride before, pag my pumatak na tubig, wipe agad . When i got past that, looks becomes secondary to protecting my investment. Yung mga wax ko, display nalang since I got my paint coated.
    I don't plan to use my ride for ten years, so the moment I want to sell my car, I dont have to spend a lot just to make it look in tip top condition, and still get a good price out of it.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    This just me. No need to buy all those stuff. Just wash it with water regularly, and it will still look shiny after 10 years. Yung obsession to keep your car looking always brand new car, lilipas din yan after a few months.

I bet that 90% of all those waxes and stuff for a brand new car are mostly sitting in their garages 80% consumed and already expired. Just like the cosmetics drawer of most ladies.
    siguro sir depende kasi yan sa tao. OC kasi ako hehe hindi lang dahil Car to kahit anong gamit ko dapat maayus ang pagkakalinis at pag kakapatas
    and siguro kasi first brand new ko to, before second hand lang kaya hindi ko masyado din inaalagaan. and only child problems lol

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    This is mostly true because:
    • You bought a lot of products to experiment on and find the best that suits your needs/taste. Eventually, you'll find a product that you like and will stick to, and will buy often. Products that don't meet your expectations will likely end up as backup products to polish your washing machine, ref, etc. Hehehe...
    • You eventually learn how to apply waxes properly and minimize waste. At such point, it will take a long time to fully consume a bottle of LSP unless you're maintaining more than one ride. (i.e. hindi mo na inuubos ang kalahating bote ng liquid wax para ma wax ang buong sasakyan mo. )
    • Once you've developed a good habit of maintaining your finish, your Step1 and Step2 products will not be used frequently. Eventually, they'll expire.
    • You've developed a reputation as a car wax addict. As such, you'll be receiving a lot of car wax gifts for xmas, bday, etc. But the stuff you'll get are not car wax addict grade, so you'll just stash them in the 'cosmetics drawer'. Sometimes you'll give them away.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    • You bought a lot of products to experiment on and find the best that suits your needs/taste. Eventually, you'll find a product that you like and will stick to, and will buy often. Products that don't meet your expectations will likely end up as backup products to polish your washing machine, ref, etc. Hehehe...
    • You eventually learn how to apply waxes properly and minimize waste. At such point, it will take a long time to fully consume a bottle of LSP unless you're maintaining more than one ride. (i.e. hindi mo na inuubos ang kalahating bote ng liquid wax para ma wax ang buong sasakyan mo. )
    • Once you've developed a good habit of maintaining your finish, your Step1 and Step2 products will not be used frequently. Eventually, they'll expire.
    • You've developed a reputation as a car wax addict. As such, you'll be receiving a lot of car wax gifts for xmas, bday, etc. But the stuff you'll get are not car wax addict grade, so you'll just stash them in the 'cosmetics drawer'. Sometimes you'll give them away.
    That said sir ano po maisusuggest niyo? bumili siguro ako ng "patingi tingi" muna to try what's the best for me?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That said sir ano po maisusuggest niyo? bumili siguro ako ng "patingi tingi" muna to try what's the best for me?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermaxx99 View Post

Brand new diba? regular wash and every other month waxing. Get DA Polisher if you want an easy 3 step once a year.

Brand new diba? regular wash and every other month waxing. Get DA Polisher if you want an easy 3 step once a year.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Kakaunti lang yung alam kong products na nag-o-offer ng tingi-tingi.

Turtle Wax and 3M offers waxes in sachets.
    Mother's has a Clay set that comes with a small/sampler sized bottle of their cleaner-wax.

Since you have a brand new car, just get a carnauba based wax, any brand. Make sure it's pure wax and not cleaner-wax.
    Make sure to wax once a month. Safe naman yan since pure wax ang gamit mo -- no abrasives.
    With your brand new car finish, you won't find any problems with the shine.

What you need to watch out for is the equipment you use for washing, drying and buffing your car. Wrong choice and/or technique will cause very minor marring/scratches that you will only see when your vehicle is under direct strong light (such as a strong flash light or direct sunlight). They're called swirl-marks. IF you start seeing that, then you should review your washing + drying techniques. If you continue to ignore those swirls, they'll eventually accumulate and lead to a dull surface in maybe 2-3 years time.
    Last edited by ess; July 6th, 2015 at 07:32 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I use turtle wax and dry spray. After washing and rinsing while still wet, spray the wax on to panel then wipe with clean micro fiber. One wipe and its dry. No water marks. That way swirl marks are minimized because you only wipe once or twice the surface.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    You set first your priorities, is it looks or durable protection?
    If you want durable protection first, get collinite 476 or Klasse twins.
    But if you will prioritize looks, this will be very subjective and it depends on the color of your car. Like me, i have a dark colored car before, that time i prefered a somewhat deep shine or glow, for this i chose a high carnauba content wax. Mothers or megs will do or even collinte 845. Just remember that 85% of a car paint's shine will depend on how smooth or swirl free is your paint , a wax may just add 10-15% in looks.
    Now if you want a reflective shimmering shine, go for sealants, this will give a candy coating shine, specially good for light colored vehicles.
    Hope this helps

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011

Mother's has a Clay set that comes with a small/sampler sized bottle of their cleaner-wax.

Since you have a brand new car, just get a carnauba based wax, any brand. Make sure it's pure wax and not cleaner-wax.
    Make sure to wax once a month. Safe naman yan since pure wax ang gamit mo -- no abrasives.

What you need to watch out for is the equipment you use for washing, drying and buffing your car. Wrong choice and/or technique will cause very minor marring/scratches that you will only see when your vehicle is under direct strong light (such as a strong flash light or direct sunlight). They're called swirl-marks. IF you start seeing that, then you should review your washing + drying techniques. If you continue to ignore those swirls, they'll eventually accumulate and lead to a dull surface in maybe 2-3 years time.
    Hi sir, can you give me an example of pure wax product? na mga OTC lang?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoy22 View Post
    But if you will prioritize looks, this will be very subjective and it depends on the color of your car. Like me, i have a dark colored car before, that time i prefered a somewhat deep shine or glow, for this i chose a high carnauba content wax. Mothers or megs will do or even collinte 845. Just remember that 85% of a car paint's shine will depend on how smooth or swirl free is your paint , a wax may just add 10-15% in looks.
    Now if you want a reflective shimmering shine, go for sealants, this will give a candy coating shine, specially good for light colored vehicles.
    Hope this helps
    I'll go for the protection. since dahil brand new po okay pa naman yung gloss po niya. orange metallic po yung car.

Right now, I'm looking for Mothers reflections + Mothers Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax–Step 3. Thoughts masters? Mas gusto ko po yung synthetic sana para mas matagal. Mothers FX Synwax din sana kaso pag tingin ko sa website ng mothers not found siya. MOTHERS® Polishes·Waxes·Cleaners

Hi sir, can you give me an example of pure wax product? na mga OTC lang?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoy22 View Post
    Hope this helps
    I'll go for the protection. since dahil brand new po okay pa naman yung gloss po niya. orange metallic po yung car.

Right now, I'm looking for Mothers reflections + Mothers Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax–Step 3. Thoughts masters? Mas gusto ko po yung synthetic sana para mas matagal. Mothers FX Synwax din sana kaso pag tingin ko sa website ng mothers not found siya. http://www.mothers.com/02_products/20016.html

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If synthetic ang gusto mo, you can get these two. Optional lang ang Top Coat.

Mother Reflections Advanced Car Wax = Synthetic wax + Mild cleaner
    Mother Reflections Top Coat (Optional) = Synthetic wax + Natural wax

If synthetic ang gusto mo, you can get these two. Optional lang ang Top Coat.

Mother Reflections Advanced Car Wax = Synthetic wax + Mild cleaner
    Mother Reflections Top Coat (Optional) = Synthetic wax + Natural wax

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast