New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Bagong kotse, anung dapat gawin (in terms of detailing and maintaining that brand new look)?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    as a minimum, you should have,
    - car shampoo and wash mitt
    - microfiber towels and chamois to dry
    - microfiber plush towels to buff
    - a good carnauba paste wax or a spray wax for protection

...learn the proper way of washing and drying to minimize the swirls and scratches
    ...read the tamang OC and detailing for beginners threads for more info

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    as a minimum, you should have,
    - car shampoo and wash mitt
    - microfiber towels and chamois to dry
    - microfiber plush towels to buff
    - a good carnauba paste wax or a spray wax for protection

...learn the proper way of washing and drying to minimize the swirls and scratches
    ...read the tamang OC and detailing for beginners threads for more info
    Thanks & Yes sir. Already read that one! very helpful indeed. ito na po yung mga asa list ko.
    -Quick Detailer
    -Car Shampoo
    -Chamois
    -Duster
    -Terry

kilangan na ba agad sir nun carnauba wax?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermaxx99 View Post
    Thanks & Yes sir. Already read that one! very helpful indeed. ito na po yung mga asa list ko.
    -Quick Detailer
    -Car Shampoo
    -Chamois
    -Duster
    -Terry

kilangan na ba agad sir nun carnauba wax?
    Yes on carnauba wax.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Yes on carnauba wax.
    step 3 on mothers sir?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Yes on carnauba wax.
    step 3 on mothers sir?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    You need to apply either sealant (synthetic wax) or wax (carnauba wax) to protect the paint from sun's harmful UV rays, aside from making your car look good and slick.

Yes, Mother's Step 3 is carnauba wax. May description naman sa label yan, i.e. Mothers® California Gold® Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax–Step 3.

You need to apply either sealant (synthetic wax) or wax (carnauba wax) to protect the paint from sun's harmful UV rays, aside from making your car look good and slick.

Yes, Mother's Step 3 is carnauba wax. May description naman sa label yan, i.e. Mothers® California Gold® Pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax–Step 3.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Hello everyone!

Just to add, your basic maintenance will always be washing, having said that don't let any dirt or any contaminant sit on top of your paint for several weeks baked under the sun. If your washing schedule is once a week, and for an unfortunate reason that your car becomes full of dirt, have your wash earlier than your schedule, to prevent it from leaving a mark on your paint. Paint protection will always have limitations, so best prevention really is regularly washing and properly doing that on top of your paint protection regimen. Hope this helps.

Hello everyone!

Just to add, your basic maintenance will always be washing, having said that don't let any dirt or any contaminant sit on top of your paint for several weeks baked under the sun. If your washing schedule is once a week, and for an unfortunate reason that your car becomes full of dirt, have your wash earlier than your schedule, to prevent it from leaving a mark on your paint. Paint protection will always have limitations, so best prevention really is regularly washing and properly doing that on top of your paint protection regimen. Hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    This just me. No need to buy all those stuff. Just wash it with water regularly, and it will still look shiny after 10 years. Yung obsession to keep your car looking always brand new car, lilipas din yan after a few months.

I bet that 90% of all those waxes and stuff for a brand new car are mostly sitting in their garages 80% consumed and already expired. Just like the cosmetics drawer of most ladies.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    This just me. No need to buy all those stuff. Just wash it with water regularly, and it will still look shiny after 10 years. Yung obsession to keep your car looking always brand new car, lilipas din yan after a few months.

I bet that 90% of all those waxes and stuff for a brand new car are mostly sitting in their garages 80% consumed and already expired. Just like the cosmetics drawer of most ladies.
    not really. being shiny is subjective. you can say its shiny but its looking dull. washing just by water alone is not enough. theres no substitute to the shine of a well maintained and freshly waxed car. but that just me too...

but you're right. you grow over the urge to keep your car always looking new. and its difficult to maintain your car paint from the moment you bring it out from the dealership. but that depends again in your interest in detailing and your aim of keeping your car paint protected.

yup, i'm guilty of your last statement i was so engrossed before in buying all the waxes that i fancied and some ended up not being regularly used

10. Join Date
    May 2014

part ng exercise ko yung wax, ayaw ko na tumaba so malamang di ko tigilan ito hehehe

part ng exercise ko yung wax, ayaw ko na tumaba so malamang di ko tigilan ito hehehe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast