New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry guys, I know this topic was posted before but I can't find it so here it is again.

I'm planning a 1" lift lang sana for my L200 pick-up. However, natatakot ako kasi gagalawin pa yata ang radiator and break hoses. Hindi ba delikado yun?

How much kaya aabutin ito and anung shop ang pwede ko puntahan? I was thinking of Ratz sa may white plains coz i'm from marikina. Can they finish this in a day?

:?: :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hey Djerms, musta na! Rats can not body lift your L200. They'll be cranking the suspension (torsion bars and leaf springs) for the lift and then sell you their OME shocks.

There are two places I know which do body lifts: RIDE GENERATION-Sucat Road (not the one in Banawe ha) and another one in West Avenue (forgot the name). The shops will check and advise you beforehand what needs to be modified (brake lines, hoses etc..) before they start. I personally will not suggest body lifts because of the unsightly gaps created in the chassis.

Does your L200 rig have coil springs at the front? Kung coil spring, mag-suspension lift ka na lang at mas madali. Sa likod, either you change your leaf springs into OME (50mm lift) or add shackles. BTW, you might as well change your shocks that have longer suspension travel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Djerms,

Last week lang ako nagpa suspension lift and ok naman ang result. May ride is same as yours model '96 nga lang. I was forced to change my springs ang shox kasi medyo mahina na din and may leak na. Yung pinakabit kong spring is ung pang L300 and swak naman. Then shackles sa likod.

So in short, nalift ung L200 ko ng 4" pa. No problem at all.

Then tomorrow palit na ako mags and tires para gwapo!!!

PEACE!!!8)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baligtad kayo na una magpalit ng mags and tires si djerms

mas maganda suspension lift kasi madaling ibalik sa orig din

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Excited na nga ako bukas eh!!!:lol::lol::lol:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang kaso mas mahal yata aabutin ang suspension lift na yan...nyak! :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Woodfire,
    Thanks for the big help. Ok na ok po ang pick-up ko...i'm still apreciating the mags I bought from you. Eto na nga ang next project ko...to have a lift. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Djerms,

Mas mahal yung body lift kaysa suspension lift, based on my experience yun ha! Kasi mas matrabaho yung body lift and imagine dadagdagan pa yung mga maikling parts like yung sa steering and in some cases electrical wirings.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by krudo_bagito
    Djerms,

Mas mahal yung body lift kaysa suspension lift, based on my experience yun ha! Kasi mas matrabaho yung body lift and imagine dadagdagan pa yung mga maikling parts like yung sa steering and in some cases electrical wirings.

I beg to disagree with you sir, but the body lift is much MUCH cheaper than suspension modifications. 20-40mm spacers about 10 pieces plus nuts and bolts. But be warned when doing body lifts, the most neglected part is the fuel line. Once mo lang naman kailangan i-body lift ang sasakyan, not like suspension set-ups wherein you have much more choices.

I know someone who offers body lifts for 20K, pero atleast 1-2 weeks sa shop maiiwan. Hindi nila kasi bibitawan yung sasakyan until everything rolls out fine. AND mahirap magrush ng work, lalo lang ito papalpak. Believe me, I've been there sh*t happens!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks Ungas...lagot!! lalo na ko natatakot...hehe. 8O

Sige, i'll think of having a suspension lift nalang..pag-aralan ko pa. Salamat :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
body lift