New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    balak ko sana magpa-repaint ng auto, may mga few questions lang ako.

1. pag flat black ba ang kulay for (spoilers,bodykits) kailangan pa bang i primer o pwede diretso na?

2. steps sa pag rerepaint? gaano kaimportante yun masilya and paano mo masasabe na kailangan i masilya yun certain part ng panel? and ilang patong ba dapat yun last paint?

thanks. salamt ng madami!
    Last edited by nat2x; December 10th, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nat2x View Post
    balak ko sana magpa-repaint ng auto, may mga few questions lang ako.

1. pag flat black ba ang kulay for (spoilers,bodykits) kailangan pa bang i primer o pwede diretso na?

2. steps sa pag rerepaint? gaano kaimportante yun masilya and paano mo masasabe na kailangan i masilya yun certain part ng panel? and ilang patong ba dapat yun last paint?

thanks. salamt ng madami!
    1. kailangan pa din i primer. mas matibay kasi.

2. kapag hindi smooth ang lata, dapat lagyan ng masilya talaga.

yung ibang questions di ko gets. hehehe

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Answer

1. whenever you a car need a fresh paint, prep work to the old paint to insure the new paint adheres correctly you need to wet sand the vehicle in order for the new paint to adhere to the old paint.....make for sure all blimishes are out of all body panels and you have a smooth surface...then rub the vehicle down with lacquer thinner and then use a tack cloth on it after you secure a dust free environment.

2. A big or small defect must be fix. Need coarse sanding around the affected area twice the size of the.... hole, dent or rust.... will expose any further damage and give a decent bond area. Only use filler materials such as BONDO or any acceptable filler to get a smooth surface. If you have a big rust as on any parts of the body surface replacing ( cut and weld) by removing all rusted metal with fresh clean metal.

3. DO NOT BOG IT.... all imperfection of the structural body should be repair correctly before repainting. Well, extra answer ito but #1 and 2 must be address correctly to the body shop (car shop not a Spa)

auto repaint