New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Ok po yan grabe nagulat nga ako nakita ko pinapamunas na ng mga gamit sa bahay yung MF cloth ko! Ganda daw kasi tangal daw yung alikabok. Tapos yung cali duster ko nakita ko pinanglinis ng salamin sa bintana! waaaaaaa

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    Ok po yan grabe nagulat nga ako nakita ko pinapamunas na ng mga gamit sa bahay yung MF cloth ko! Ganda daw kasi tangal daw yung alikabok. Tapos yung cali duster ko nakita ko pinanglinis ng salamin sa bintana! waaaaaaa
    patay tayo dyan
    anyways magkano po yung Zwipes? more or less P200?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    I have these MF towel with 2 free applicator pad, the MF towel is color orange and the 2 applicator foam pads covered with MF is white, but never use these pads because I always intend to use clean and fresh cloth when applying wax and I don't want to spend more time cleaning applicator pads afterward. I would just spend time cleaning MF towels (washing and boiling them) rather than cleaning hardened applicator pads.

My Innova is Dark Grey Metallic AKA Night Mist and swirl marks would be very visible on dark colored paints but I don't see them on my car.

BTW, how do you guys clean your applicator pads? or do you use them without cleaning it first?
    Sir Mile2 what is the purpose po of boiling? Is it to remove the wax residue on the MF towel? gaano po katagal bino-boil?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Yup less 200php. Cleaning MF cloth? perla lang ang katapat nyan! di na kailangan iboil

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    After reading, i bought 2 sets of the said Zwipes and i would agree it is quite good in terms of softness and quality. The MF is quite large and the applicator is also nice. I am however disappointed with the drying towel, it doesn't absorb as much water and its a bit rough. Has Anyone tried this Drying towel by Zwipes?

*Chickselog: they boil towels to remove wax residue, waxes melt away with hot water and usually settles either above or below the towels once cooled. If your wax is not that strong or not that thick then try using Joy first followed with perla. For softer waxes i just use Joy for the first wash to remove most waxes since Joy is known for removing waxes thats why its not a good idea to substitute that for car shampoo, its sure to strip the wax, and then wash it again with perla to make sure its doubly clean and rinse with water. As for those stubborn paste waxes especially the Collinite Double coat which is detergent proof, i just pour freshly boiled water over the towels and add some joy, move it around and remove them while still hot and wash with perla. Using hot water can greatly help in removing waxes. And in certain cases where polishes and waxes have already hardened boiling it would be a good idea since boiling also move the towels around like a mini washing machine. But in most cases Joy then perla or even perla could already to the trick.

If anyone has ever tried any of Collinite's products especially the 476 double coat, im sure they would also agree its a pain to remove, heck i tried using joy and tide and my towel is still water repellant hahaha even my hands repel water.

Zwipes 2 MF applicator pads with MF towel go for 149.75 at Ace North Edsa, the drying towel goes for 249.75 same place.

Oh yeah if you're a bit short with MF cloths since i think you plan on doing Moms 3 step, you could try High Gear MF towels, they sell for 99.75 in handyman for 2 pcs 16x16, i got a few more a while ago since a new robinsons opened near novaliches and its on promo buy 2 take 1, so its a good deal, 6 towels for 199.50, but be sure to wash them first before using them on the car, they have strong dyes when first used and can cause discoloration when washed with some other cloths

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    same lang ba yung procedure pag sa pang linis ng Lake Country buffing pads? Gamit ko kasi pang linis lang ng buffing pads ko eh dish washing liquid. Tanggal naman ung wax

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    same lang ba yung procedure pag sa pang linis ng Lake Country buffing pads? Gamit ko kasi pang linis lang ng buffing pads ko eh dish washing liquid. Tanggal naman ung wax
    In my experience, mas ok yung effectiveness ng MicroRestore Microfiber Detergent pag nililinisan ko yung mga applicators, microfiber towels, and LC pads.

But... I have also tried dishwashing liquid. I've just used this to clean my applicators, towels and pads from my detail this last weekend. It seems like it also does the job. Napansin ko lang na di siya mabilis magtanggal ng mga wax or polish residue and dirt compared to the MicroRestore. You need to work in the dishwashing liquid more bago matanggal ang residue and dirt from the pads.

Hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by madkatz View Post
    After reading, i bought 2 sets of the said Zwipes and i would agree it is quite good in terms of softness and quality. The MF is quite large and the applicator is also nice. I am however disappointed with the drying towel, it doesn't absorb as much water and its a bit rough. Has Anyone tried this Drying towel by Zwipes?
    Hi, Just fold the towel into 2 folds and you'll have 8 sides of drying towel, just put the towel on top of your wet car without wiping and let it absorb then move to another section. When one side of your towel is already soaked go to the other fold. MF towel is more safe to use in dying as against those silicon blades.

try High Gear MF towels, they sell for 99.75 in handyman for 2 pcs 16x16, i got a few more a while ago since a new robinsons opened near novaliches and its on promo buy 2 take 1, so its a good deal, 6 towels for 199.50, but be sure to wash them first before using them on the car, they have strong dyes when first used and can cause discoloration when washed with some other cloths
    Will try to check this MF towel tonight

BTW, I'm using synthetic wax NUFinish.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    in cleaning mf or wax applicators, i just use what's available power detergent at home. i believe my wife purchases t*d*. mas madali marinse ang powder compared to bar. water temp is tap water.

just put ample amount of water in a bucket and mix powdered detergent. key is is dapat nakanaw ng husto at wala ng buo buo. kuskus lang ng kuskus - i always hand wash my car cleaning cloths.

sa banlawan naman, just do it as if you are washing your clothes. dapat wala ng bula ang pinagbabanlawang tubig. wring then air dry.

i always wash after every use.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *jmpet626: i clean my LC pads with an old toothbrush first to remove the solid particles. I also put the speed on high for both rotary and ROP and the lightly push the brush against the pad. this helps in removing the majority of the solid parts. After that i get another brush and soak the LC pads with a strong concentration of joy and brush the foam till it looks like new again. I dry by putting the pad back and spinning off the excess water and final drying with a blower. You could also get Snappy Clean pad cleaner, i got mine from the distributor for about 200 for 3 sachets. 1 sachet can clean about 3 8.5 inch LC pads.

*jon: hey there! haven't seen you post for a long time. Where did you get your MF detergent? is it available locally?

*mile2: i tried that last night already, i also did the pat dry and slide dry method and it still doesn't work. i've noticed that its like a bit repellant of water. Do you have to totally soak this drying towel with water to prep it up before using on the paint?

Oh yeah remember to wash the cheap MF towels first with mild detergent to remove the dyes before using it on paint or before washing it with other lighter colored fabrics. The dark blue cloth slightly stained my microtex chamois and microtex plush. I opened a new one and washed it first then dumped it again along with some stained items to check for color staining and its gone. i guess you really just have to remove the dyes. Oh yeah one last thing, where did you buy your Nu Finish Synthetic Wax? as far as i know its still not locally available, i've been trying to get my hands to test that wax since it has lots of good reviews, if you know a local source lemme know pls..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Applicator Pads - where to find one?