New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    *chickselog: i read somewhere that using a standard household foam covered with a good microfiber cloth is also a good substitute and can work wonders if you don't have an applicator pad, I got my SM arnolds applicator pads at blade, thats the 260 pesos you're talking about and yeah it is very much like meguiars applicator foam pads. if you have the extra cash try to get the micro fiber applicator pads, its really nice and soft on paint that you can better work your wax with less worries. if not i've tried the autoguard dense foam covered with Microtex ultra plush and its very much like the megs microfiber applicator pads, only difference is that you have to firmly hold the cloth to prevent it from unravelling.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    You can try the zwipes large MF cloth with 2 free applicator pads. The applicator pads is covered with MF cloth. Sayang walang hiwalay na binebenta. But i think it will only cost you for about 150php (1 large MF cloth with 2 applicator pads)

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    there are also mf cloths sold in true value - the ones in a big bag. i think 16" x 16" ang size. you can cut it to smaller pieces. pwede sya pang apply ng wax. iirc, the whole big bag cosgs 2xx.xx. forgot how many pieces, pero marami. halos kasing laki ng sako yung bag.

your car is red right? hindi ganun ka senstive ang pula sa swirls. kung black yan, e super senstive yan. i think you can be safe with the mf i was talking about above. yung kotse ko kasi dark green (tundra green) at nung ginamit ko to, no swirls.

btw, my wifes car is also a red vios (gen 1 nga lang). i find the orig paint of toyota harder than mitsu (mine). so i guess if it worked for me - a dark green soft painted car, it will work well for a newer toyota paint which i guesis harder than mine (unless they've changed their paint). its just an observation though on my part since i've been working on both cars for the past several years.
    Last edited by spyghost; November 2nd, 2009 at 10:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    3 years ko ng practice to use kamiseta cotton scrap cloth(rag) as applicator pad, wala pa naman swirl marks ang car ko. I also use MF cloths for wet cleaning/shampoo, drying and polishing but for applicator it is best to use clean pads everytime, pagkatapos gamitin sa wax application yung rag just throw it away.

Swirl mark and scratches usually are from dirty applicator pads and buffing towels and need not tell contaminated reusable pads. Mas mahal ang applicator pads, mas nanghihinayang itapon kahit marumi na at ilang beses ng nilalabahan.

I'm not against using branded applicator pads, but for economic reasons and having a clean applicator pad every time, for me is a good choice.

Kanya-kanya na lang siguro.
    Yup, kanya kanya kung saan ka naman hiyang. I'm a little bit OC kasi sa paint ng car ko because of the crappy quality of honda paint. Clear coat is too soft. Kaunting hawak mo lang, may mark na.

Paint quality of our altis is great on the other hand. Kahit ipa carwash ko sa kanto, hindi maselan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    You can try the zwipes large MF cloth with 2 free applicator pads. The applicator pads is covered with MF cloth. Sayang walang hiwalay na binebenta. But i think it will only cost you for about 150php (1 large MF cloth with 2 applicator pads)
    I have these MF towel with 2 free applicator pad, the MF towel is color orange and the 2 applicator foam pads covered with MF is white, but never use these pads because I always intend to use clean and fresh cloth when applying wax and I don't want to spend more time cleaning applicator pads afterward. I would just spend time cleaning MF towels (washing and boiling them) rather than cleaning hardened applicator pads.

My Innova is Dark Grey Metallic AKA Night Mist and swirl marks would be very visible on dark colored paints but I don't see them on my car.

BTW, how do you guys clean your applicator pads? or do you use them without cleaning it first?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    I have these MF towel with 2 free applicator pad, the MF towel is color orange and the 2 applicator foam pads covered with MF is white, but never use these pads because I always intend to use clean and fresh cloth when applying wax and I don't want to spend more time cleaning applicator pads afterward. I would just spend time cleaning MF towels (washing and boiling them) rather than cleaning hardened applicator pads.

My Innova is Dark Grey Metallic AKA Night Mist and swirl marks would be very visible on dark colored paints but I don't see them on my car.

BTW, how do you guys clean your applicator pads? or do you use them without cleaning it first?
    Saan po kayo nakabili nung MF with 2 free applicators? hmm, sa bagay pwede rin yung rags cause it's clean when used for the first time..As long as round overlapping-motion ang galaw ng rag pag nag-aapply na ng wax..

Bino-Boil po ba ang MF towels when cleaning? what is the purpose of boiling? para po ba matanggal completely yung wax residue?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thank you po sa mga replies I want to find one kasi Microtex Suede lang ang pang-apply ko ng wax eh, di ko alam kung suitable ba yun, then Microtex Plush for buffing off..IMO mas equal ang distribution ng wax sa paint kapag applicators ang ginamit..

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Sa ACE hardware po. Zwipes ang brand kasama sya ng mga microtex sa rack. Isipin mo nalang ganito. Magkano ang applicator pads? 80php eh magkano yung zwipes with 2 applicator pad? ok na di ba?

In cleaning the applicator pad and the MF, I use perla bar

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sa ACE hardware po. Zwipes ang brand kasama sya ng mga microtex sa rack. Isipin mo nalang ganito. Magkano ang applicator pads? 80php eh magkano yung zwipes with 2 applicator pad? ok na di ba?

ahh i see, thanks! I'll look for it kapag pumunta ulit kami ng SM..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006

Yes, this is the same one I got at ACE. Good quality MF cloth (towel type) for drying and dust removal.

And the towel is more larger than the known brand 3M.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Applicator Pads - where to find one?