New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Guys, Help naman po...

Ang weird, i hand-applied this product to a scratch located on my right fender. after mawala yung scratch, i topped it off with a 100% carnuba na turtle wax. the surface looked nice and new again

But after a few days, i was in a parking lot sa mall na may indoor lighting, i saw circle traces of 3M Scratch Remover and parts of the scratch that i left out...

1. Bakit ganon? mali ba yung pag-apply ko ng SR? i followed the instructions written at the back of the bottle naman... Tips naman diyan... thanks! =)

2. Ano po yung iba pang mas maganda na SR that needs konting rubbing lang? for fine scratches lang naman... thanks! gusto ko na palitan eh! i tried turtle wax swirl and scratch remover, pero swirl lang nawala, nandun parin yung mga fine scratches...

3. Hesitant ako to use any rubbing compund kasi bago palang yung car, but i saw this product "turtle wax polishing compund and scratch remover" ok ba siya?

thanks for your replies! =)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro,

if possible, get scratchX..(pero, IMO halos kaparehas na lang nito ang 3M mo eh) and whatever method you use, as long as hand-applied, expect some elbow grease. hehehe.. though machines may work better, they don't get to attack the minor scratches the way our hands do. isolated kasi...

and also, avoid using rubbing compound kung hindi ka talaga sigurado about using it. (sabi nga sa Meguiar's: try to use the least abrasive product...or something to that effect...)

anyway, here's my thoughts:

1) minsan, akala mo natanggal mo na ung scratch and residue of the material used in removing it. if possible, try to inspect it in different lighting conditions. (Fluorescent light reveals swirls very very well...)

2) after removing, use soapy water / QD to remove any remaining residue. yup... be sure to re-wax the affected part..

3) or... natanggal na wax mo (which hid the scratches and swirls in the first place) then after a few days ayun...lumabas na uli.

4) minsan you have to do a few passes to remove some scratches.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    guys san ba yang Meguiar? Yung Windshield ko kasi gusto ko pagawa sa kanila, may makaking scratch kasi. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hey there
    From my experience, 3m is a little too aggressive. I tried it once and it hazed, katulad nung sinabi mo. You have to break it down properly, continue rubbing it hangang mag-thin out yung liquid or paminsan magddust, if not try using a lighter polish. ScratchX is good, ok din ang Mother's.
    Turtle wax has fillers in it, kaya after a while lumalabas yung scratches.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    san ba makakabili ng mother's na brand?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Han's Tools sa Shangri-La. Meron dun Mother's...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks! I'll check it out

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MOther's products are available at Autoplus. Bigberts will start selling Mother's products soon too.

Wow thats great!!! Update us pag may stock na.

3M Scratch Remover Problem